Anyone else see these at sears?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice lookin saw.

In NJ, there's a Sears Roebuck every 50 miles or so. In a half hour radius, there's one Sears Hardware and three Sears Dept Stores. Wonder why they haven't closed up here yet. Maybe because we don't have that many Walmarts. And most of us refuse to shop in WallyWorld. Keeps people like Sears in business.

Is $300 a good price for a Husky 440?

Not only does Sears outsource their products, but Sears doesn't even own Sears anymore.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortune500/sears_kmart/

Sears was bought out by Kmart in 2004? No wonder they are failing. Well, they were failing before they were bought out, but its amusing that the two most empty parking lot stores here are part of the same company. Several more Kmarts and Sears here are being shut, as they are burning through cash it seems.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/23/news/companies/sears-store-closings/index.html

Shopping has come full circle; from Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs to brick and mortar stores and now back to Amazon online catalogs. People like to shop at home.

Husqvarna bought the McCulloch name from Jenn Feng a couple of years ago, there were even some video advertisements with a couple of very typical "Euro Young Engineers" going on about the sleek new lines...you know the routine.

Mark
Boy I rember those. Damn shame those dummies peddeling that plastic fantastic claiming it McColluch. I think all they did was talk about the ergonomics of it?

Boy I rember those. Damn shame those dummies peddeling that plastic fantastic claiming it McColluch. I think all they did was talk about the ergonomics of it?
All they talked about was how they styled it - and considering the design already existed and the shape of the parts was already determined by the tooling, that meant all they did was pick the colors. And since it was supposed to be a McCulloch, that pretty well meant it was going to be yellow and black. So apparently they were very proud of where they put the yellow and black.

What tripe.

Well there was a Mac 2050 out for a while, but I see it isn't available now. It was $300 or so, I wonder if it was a Poulan or Husky, either way its kinda funny and a sorry excuse for a great name at the same time. pretty yellow & black plastics.

If only they sold a saw with a split alloy case, adjustable oiler, etc. Oh, well they do again:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-18in...p-07138188000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

spin_prod_1070204712

But you won't like it.......

Is it actually an Earthquake, or the RedMax the quake copied?

Is it actually an Earthquake, or the RedMax the quake copied?
Oh, I don't really know which factory made it, nor how many factories there are producing them - for all I know it may just be one. Clearly though it's yet another saw based on the Zenoah G5000 design, and given that it's 45cc and has been modified to pass the EPA emissions tests I was guessing it was the same as the Earthquake CS4518 but with different colors/covers.

Oh, I don't really know which factory made it, nor how many factories there are producing them - for all I know it may just be one. Clearly though it's yet another saw based on the Zenoah G5000 design, and given that it's 45cc and has been modified to pass the EPA emissions tests I was guessing it was the same as the Earthquake CS4518 but with different colors/covers.

Fit/Finish looks to be better than the 'quakes, at least in the one pic of it there. Haven't killed my 3816 yet...

Latest posts

Back