Anyone ever plug a decomp hole?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwoller

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just realized the saw I was puting together has a hole drilled for a decomp valve. I dont reall need it as its a little husky, Can these be plugged? I was thinking of putting a bolt the same size in it and leaving it at that. Any suggestions?

Yes you can plug the hole if you dont want to use the decomp. You can buy the plug from husqvarna for this. It's a m6x1.0 thread. It also requires a washer to seal it at the top. good luck Rick!

I just realized the saw I was puting together has a hole drilled for a decomp valve. I dont reall need it as its a little husky, Can these be plugged? I was thinking of putting a bolt the same size in it and leaving it at that. Any suggestions?

Can't wait for dingeryote to come by and let out some devious little sentence.

I thought thread patterns were m10x1.0 I will go measure one and see if I am correct.

Varmit

Ps 10x1.0 are not a common bolt

If you use a bolt instead of the Husqvarna plug, I would use a brass or copper washer as a seal. A badly leaking decomp can cause some very negative occurrences.

Usually Husqvarna cylinders when new in the package come with the plug if you choose to use it...I usually toss em'

Maybe I'll keep a few in case some people here want em'

If you're gonna use a washer for a regular bolt, a brake hose banjo fitting washer would be best IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just order a decom valve. I used a bolt and this saw has a ton of compression.

If you use a bolt instead of the Husqvarna plug, I would use a brass or copper washer as a seal. A badly leaking decomp can cause some very negative occurrences.

You got that right!!

The decomp plug on my Stihl TS760 managed to fall out and it certainly had negative effects on the p&c, i think i caught it in time though, i hope.

Back