Anyone Get a USPS Claim Paid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveStihlQuality

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So bought a NIB Stihl USG sharpener from retired Stihl dealer in New Jersey. Shipped insured. Lost or stolen at sorting center. He refuned my money. Talking to him, they denied his claim? I got a letter from PO to bring in damaged parcel. WTF !

LoveStihlQuality

I got a claim paid just recently. Package got lost in transit and I was paid within a week of submitting a claim. I was surprised how fast it went, but I also had receipts, tracking numbers, invoices, etc

Been paid several times, been shafted several times..

I got a fuel tank from china shipped via usps that they lost. They had a GPS coordinate in their system where the driver delivered it too. It was one block over on hickory "place" vs avenue, by the delivery pinpoint. They paid me for it 100%, but the turd that lived there said he never got the parcel. What a goober. He better hope I don't ever get his mail by chance. It may smell like dog poop for some unknown reason.
It was mid December, so it wasn't fast, but I did get paid.

Misdelivery and theft from front porch are big problems. Last year I came home, saw neighbors had new big screen on porch in full view and a car that turned around and drove slow. Moved to my garage until she got home that night.

LoveStihlQuality

I have found that if you send a box without insurance it gets damaged much more often than one that has insurance. I did have a claim a few years back on an insured package and they were slow but did come through. You need to document everything though.

Your seller needs to go back and re-explain the situation to the PO. Pretty damn difficult to return something you never received. Someone was asleep at the wheel when they processed that request.

It's not always the post offices fault...

Poorly packaged stuff sometimes wont make it. Weak boxes fall apart and stuff falls out.

Most important things when shipping is a strong box, well packed (stuffed-no empty space) and labeled well. Have heard of labels coming off during shipping.

It's not always the post offices fault...

Poorly packaged stuff sometimes wont make it. Weak boxes fall apart and stuff falls out.

Most important things when shipping is a strong box, well packed (stuffed-no empty space) and labeled well. Have heard of labels coming off during shipping.
And if it was poorly packed the PO will not cover insurance claims.

And if it was poorly packed the PO will not cover insurance claims.
and they will try to deny any and all claims,,been there toooo often....LUCKILY, the latest postwomen,,was helpful..after some wrangling with the pukes in mo,,i got FULLY paid..jackwads....yep!! you best have all reciepts,,where you work,,how old you are,,are you married,,have any kids,,got a car..etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found that if you send a box without insurance it gets damaged much more often than one that has insurance. I did have a claim a few years back on an insured package and they were slow but did come through. You need to document everything though.

Your seller needs to go back and re-explain the situation to the PO. Pretty damn difficult to return something you never received. Someone was asleep at the wheel when they processed that request.
Well we are talking about the po. Not making sense is in the handbook for standard operating procedure. I stopped asking. More intelligent conversation with my dog.

LoveStihlQuality

I never had a problem getting a claim paid but they were always under $100. Usually just send a photo of the damages and the check is sent the next day. I don't know what the threshold is for when it gets closer scrutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poorly packaged items should not make it past acceptance at the counter. I don't know how it works with USPS but at the two other major carriers, acceptance is generally implied approval of packaging and part of accepting a package is confirming it is packaged appropriately. This doesn't always happen but is not reason alone to deny a claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back