Anyone have a 372XPW you would sell me?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On an almost daily basis, my mind drifts to that type of lifestyle. I've been told it's not right to want what you do not have.. But I feel this is an exception as I actually want less. It's been referred to as Homesteading or subsistance living... Whatever it truely is, I want it. I think true pride, joy and patience comes from that lifestyle. You're actually living.

Good luck in finding your saw. If you can't find the exact one, maybe look at Jonsered's 372 version and have it hopped up.

Congrats to you and your family for pursuing what I consider, the unltimate American Dream. :cheers:

I dont know whether or not what I was just told is true or not I figured id bring it up here for your discretion. I was just told that since I want to run a 32" bar that I need to buy a 390xp or 395xp because a 372xp/w either 71cc or 75cc wont run a 32" bar worth its salt through oak, large ponderosas and large cedars which is what we have up here. Any truth to this? What do y'all think?

I dont know whether or not what I was just told is true or not I figured id bring it up here for your discretion. I was just told that since I want to run a 32" bar that I need to buy a 390xp or 395xp because a 372xp/w either 71cc or 75cc wont run a 32" bar worth its salt through oak, large ponderosas and large cedars which is what we have up here. Any truth to this? What do y'all think?

The 372 will pull it but the 390 is better suited to do so.

A ported 372 will pull it really nicely.

Just because this is the type of mood that I am and I like where this thread went . . . I am looking for someone to buy my Silvey Pro Sharp. Buyer needs to have enough money to pay for the grinder, other than that I will not discriminate. :hmm3grin2orange:

Just because this is the type of mood that I am and I like where this thread went . . . I am looking for someone to buy my Silvey Pro Sharp. Buyer needs to have enough money to pay for the grinder, other than that I will not discriminate. :hmm3grin2orange:

???

Contact one of the builders. Mastermind just built me an XPW and I love it. I see now why some believe that it makes the 60cc class questionable. Much lighter than I had anticipated.

what year did they start x-torque??? My buddy has a 2006 model xpw, would that be 75 cc?

It could be the 75 cc version but I thought it was 2007 when they started the larger cylinder. A ported 372 will pull a 32" fine. I would go for a light weight bar in 32" for sure on a 372.

Ok, so I was just at a local dealer and they let me run the new 372XPW with a 32" B&C and full skip chisel through a huge oak log they have and it seemes to yank around that bar and chain fairly easily. They offered one to me new and out the door for $899.95 and no tax...should I go for it? I can always install a BB kit on it after a bit cant I?

Big bore kit will net you zero power increase more than likely. Is it the old version or new xtorq?

i can ship you a full wrap west coast (xpw) 2172 for a better price than that.

Thsts the Jred right? Im extremely partial to the looks of the Husky and the 372 is my favorite saw so id like to add that one to my arsenal in particular. Can you post up a pic of the 2172?

Back