Anyone Have Any Experience With Haix Protector Extreme 7" Chainsaw Boot ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsrsol84mm

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

German-made Haix chainsaw boots are constructed with Kevlar and are certified with cut category 2 24m/second) protection. -

http://www.baileysonline.com/Footwe...e-EN354-Class-2-Chainsaw-Protective-Boots.axd

Looks like it's either these Haix protector extreme or the
Matterhorn MT2000 10" Waterproof Steel Toe Chainsaw Boot -

http://www.baileysonline.com/Footwe...000-10-Waterproof-Steel-Toe-Chainsaw-Boot.axd

Not crazy about a 10" boot and looking for the most comfortable in the hot summer in North Carolina AND the best
protection against the chain. Need to make a decision in the next couple of days.

Appreciate the help, thanks

Last edited:
I've never heard of a chainsaw boat :dizzy: :laugh:.

Original thread title:

Anyone Have Any Experience With Haix Protector Extreme 7" Chainsaw Boat ??

I have a pair of haix tibet II there like a 10" version of the ones you are asking about . They have held together for 3 years at this stage . Great support and great durability. Nothing bad I can say about them.

I've had a pair of protector extreme for a couple of years . They are well made and comfortable ( once broken in )
They are somewhat heavy . They are warm in the winter ,hot in the summer . Very stiff when new .
Would I buy another pair if I had the need ? Yes.
And, no ,I haven't tested them out to see if they really work . ;)

The Haix have four layers of Kevlar. I took a ported 346 just behind the toe last year. I'm very glad I had Matterhorn CS boots on my foot that day. The saw ate through 4 layers and left my foot bruised from the impact. It was unbelievably violent. It hit the steel toe cap and glanced off. People that think they have protection with a steel toe are fooling themselves. I guess a steel toe is better than nothing. The Matterhorns are serious boots for serious work. They are expensive but cheap compared to the cost of losing half a foot.

I have some pics of the boots on the work computer.

That's why I clicked on this thread; talk about a let down.

A chainsaw boat would be cool though.

We have recently upgraded to chainsaws, scart hell out of me the first time somebody started one of them! I didn't know they had engines on a saw. Still use these boats though. They are chainsaw boats now.

The Haix have four layers of Kevlar. I took a ported 346 just behind the toe last year. I'm very glad I had Matterhorn CS boots on my foot that day. The saw ate through 4 layers and left my foot bruised from the impact. It was unbelievably violent. It hit the steel toe cap and glanced off. People that think they have protection with a steel toe are fooling themselves. I guess a steel toe is better than nothing. The Matterhorns are serious boots for serious work. They are expensive but cheap compared to the cost of losing half a foot.

I have some pics of the boots on the work computer.

After seeing your original post, I have been determined to get a pair of chainsaw boots sooner than later. I guess the 7 layer kevlar wins and will order the matterhorn boots.
Not crazy about a 10" boot but that 7 layer protection is what I am looking for.
Ran my ported 550xp today and thought about chainsaw boots the whole time.

Thanks again to all for the replies.

I've had a pair of protector extreme for a couple of years . They are well made and comfortable ( once broken in )
They are somewhat heavy . They are warm in the winter ,hot in the summer . Very stiff when new .
Would I buy another pair if I had the need ? Yes.
And, no ,I haven't tested them out to see if they really work . ;)
Did you get them around here?

I have had 2 pair of the Air power gold. They are my favorite boots. they are discontinuing them in favor of the R200 . I don't like the new boots so much. the sole is much harder and they don't have the speed lacing. But the protector extreme are very nice boots. You shopild like them alot. Top quality boot.

Baileys had a $25 off coupon good until Sunday so I ordered the Matterhorns today. Nmurph's experience with them and a ported 346 is just too hard to overlook. It's not everyday someone gets to test out a
boot on a ported saw. It seems like the matterhorns are the only ones with 7 layers of Kevlar. I wish they were 7" rather than 10" but I will just have to make the 10" work.
Just going to make it a rule to live with. Chaps and boots, kevlar gloves and helmet EVERY time I run the saw, no exceptions.

The Baileys coupon code is ws1213 and is good until Sunday the 22nd.

Thanks again to everyone.

They saved my foot.

I consider myself experienced and careful having worked around farm equipment all of my life. I was cutting limb that was under tension. As the saw cut through, rather than pinching, it spit the saw at my foot. I freaked because I just new I had cut the end of my foot off!!!! Thankfully it was just well bruised...blue for a while!!! I could imagine a ported 394 cutting through even those boots.

I reckon if you grabbed that fellow's head and shook it, it'd rattle like a BB in a matchbox.

Latest posts

Back