Anyone have firewood available in Fort Wayne?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elektrobot

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Split and dry and ready to buy? Ash that could be split thin to dry fast...
Anything that could be used this season?

Free, not free- split, not split- just anything that might be of use this winter.

I know, this is a desperate plea but here is my excuse for not being prepared. I was only able to prepare about 1 1/2 cords this past February-March, and then my :censored: truck broke- it will not shift out of 1st gear so my usual collecting efforts were hampered.

Then at the end of March I started a small (very very small) business and that takes about 90% of my time. Then my Wife received a government grant for some work she does, so we were gone for 2 weeks on a trip out to New Mexico and Arizona so she could fulfill the grant requirements, and ever since being back from the trip I have been playing catch up with my business.

My truck still doesn't shift...and my firewood supply is still low.

I live near Southgate Plaza- so anything within 2 or 3 miles of this area with slow roads I could pick up using my truck. It won't go over 30, so I can't travel highways, and anything more than a few miles will get it to hot staying in first gear.

If you can deliver, fantastic- I will pay what you need for your time and cost.

I would like to find about another 2 cords to use this winter. I've had a hard time finding a dealer that will talk straight- they all want to sell "ricks" or "truck beds full". One guy even quoted me for "4 Bobcat bucket loads of wood"

I've got a Napoleon 1404 insert and like to cut my logs to 16"-17". I have a crib setup to cut anything thats longer, and anything thats shorter is just fine. If you just have uncut logs- I have an MS280 with an 18" bar, and can manage decent sized stuff as long as I take it slow.

The less effort you have in it- the better. I will do any work required to prepare it for firewood- I just need the raw product thats suitable for use this winter.

Ok- sorry to ramble, you get the point. End of desperate plea.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Latest posts

Back