anyone interested in a 'cheap' twin cylinder saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, bargain... worth it for the 'original factory plugs' alone... what a selling point

Problem there is that someone saw a similar Echo sell a few months ago for near that price, nevermind the fact that there was a lot of shill bidding going on. Shill bidding is impossible to spot now with e-bay's new privacy policies.

How good of a saw was the 610evl?

Obviously, Echo didn't think it important enough to continue in their lineup.

I have a friend with the John Deere version, and being the friend I am, I told him what it might be worth rather than offering him a couple hundred and walking away with it. He was very surprised but claims it is one of the better saws he has ever run. Of course, he is a rancher that only uses it to cut hay bails and a random tree that wanders into his path.

I have a friend with the John Deere version, and being the friend I am, I told him what it might be worth rather than offering him a couple hundred and walking away with it. He was very surprised but claims it is one of the better saws he has ever run. Of course, he is a rancher that only uses it to cut hay bails and a random tree that wanders into his path.

if you quoted the price in either link, i think you may have mislead him.

i aquired one echo and one jd version a few months ago. i researched them and started threads here. general concensus? heavy, underpowered, and unreliable but very smooth.

but i am still working on getting one of mine running!!!

He hasn't put it away for a rainy day... It is his one and only saw nor does he intend to go buy another one so he can shelf this one. He is too old to worry about running the saw. He has run it for years... He'll continue to run it for years.

I just told him that it might be worth more than he thought. After consulting several on this forum I told him they stated the value at upwards of $500 and in the shape it is in it might demand a few hundred more on ebay.

He isn't interested in selling and said when he gets too old to run it he'll give it to me. I won't complain too much.

He really cuts hay bales? I can't imagine a need to ever cut a hay bale. . .

He uses it on occasion to cut up round bails. It is a little difficult to man-handle a 1400 lb bail when you are feeding cattle in enclosed areas.

Honestly, that is why it is a John Deere as he really doesn't cut wood and just happened to be at the JD dealer looking at a tractor and they gave him a screaming deal just to get rid of it. It still has the original chain on it. I think he paid less than $200 brand new.

Latest posts

Back