Anyone know anything abut Timbermule band mills?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After yapping about it for 3 years(and getting the wife to settle on the house site...sheeesh), I finally am going to start my house. I have switched from a log to a modified timber frame design, so I will be using more dimensional lumber. My csm is a Woodbug with 30' of track & I have been doing some smaller jobs with it. Although it turns out really nice straight lumber it is just going to be too slow for me. I have 80 ac of trees mixed hard & soft, so I have decided on a band.

I saw an add in the back of a magazine for TimberMule. They are in Liberty KY about 2 hrs away. They build a 20', trailer pkg, 25 horse honda that can handle a 36" log. Does anybody have any good or bad on this mill? The price is very resonable.

http://www.timbermule.com/

RD

Looks like a well made rig. You could call them and see if you can set up a time to get a hands on demonstration. I'd check into how long they've been around in case you need parts down the road. You could also ask them for a customer list you can contact for feedback on the product.

I "highly" recomend you SAW on a Norwood Lumbermate 2000 or a Mizer LT15 BEFORE you get serious about one of those mills...

You can thanks me later...

Rob

I can buy a LT15 5 miles away.... $5K basic pkg 15 horse, no extension, no trailer, prob 30 hrs on mill. I think it is way over priced. I want to have the capacity to cut larger diameter & out to 24', so yes a Norwood would be more in line. Edu-ma-cate me more on the Norwood, why would it be a better choice?

RD

Here is a pic of my Norwood LM 2000 with a 20 ft log on --on a 6' homemade extension---I run up to 25 ft logs. This is a great mill and you can add all kinds of factory and/or Homemade stuff JP
DSCN0875.jpg

more pics available if you want///

EPA, you built the extension out of wood? Awesome.......!

I do like the Norwood. What is their price for something comparable to the 'mule, which is $7,500(25 honda hp, 20' track, trailer pkg)? I do have an em into Norwood on their price.

Also looking at a Lucas, but it is more money.

RD

Best to get the current and real data from Norwood themselves-Call 1-800-567-0404 8-5 pm
good folks to talk too. Also take a look at there Webb forum// We talk a lot about the mills,sawing, add ons etc. Norwoodindustries.com then find town hall forum (I think its one of the best parts of the Norwood) EPA (JP)

Back