Anyone try out the Hitachi CS33EB yet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the Hitachi CS 33 EB yet? Seems to be a good alternative to the small Stihls on the market now. I loocked at it today at a big box store here in Austria and it felt really nice. It has a mesh filter and it was marked here as a 1.9hp saw.

Picture:
CS1_10484.jpg

The model available over here looks like this.
s2_produktbild_gross.gif

Info: http://www.tanaka-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=TCS33EB/14

It would be interesting to see results off Hitachi/Tanaka's pure fire technology and how they compare to Husqvarna&Stihl.

as you might have seen here their larger saw that Bailey's is offering is not competitive for a second tier brand. their 33cc saw is not a clam shell...

I am sorry but I donot understand what you are telling me.

Who wants to run a 32cc saw with a 16" bar?

No one any idea? That's too bad. Obviously we are more conservative than I would have thought.

I'm bumping this thread because the Sears Outlet store near me has the top-handle model, CS33ET14, for $169.00. I've noticed conflicting weights, one source shows the shipping weight as nine pounds (very hard to believe), while another source shows the saw weight at 12 pounds.

A friend bought one for around the house stuff. It stinks. The bar is hard tipped, and gets red hot no matter if the oiler works or not- and lasted a couple hours. So he got a roller tip for it...and the thickest wood he can cut is about 5 inches or it bogs. No amount of carb adjustment can help. For a low cost saw, try the Efco MT3700. He took the Hitachi back and bought the Efco from a saw shop here instead of the big box and it's a whizzy saw! I hate to say it, but I never thought I'd see a worse saw than a Lowes Poulan...but the Hitachi was!

I've seen mixed reviews on it Hitachi chainsaws. I do know that they make good tools in other categories. Where can you get one for $165 plus free shipping? I already have Stihl 200, 190T and an Echo cs-341 (all good saws) but my son wants a top handled one for little money, and I would get him the Hitachi and see.
HB

I'm not sure what Hitachi is trying to do. They came out with some power tools that were made in Japan and really good stuff. I know a few guys who switched to buying them. Now they are pumping out really cheap stuff that is made in China. Around here they are flooding a lot of stores with it. We're talking drills where the case halves don't line up so they cut into your hand, stuff that is dead right out of the box. It is crazy, they'll lose what little respect they've gained if they keep this up.

I have no idea on the saws, but I wonder if they might not be from the new batch of offerings that are not worth trying.

Mr. HE:cool:

A 8.5 pound TH chainsaw sounds good on paper, but not if the saw is totally gutless with little or no room for improvement. If I had more mechtech skills, I'd be tempted to buy one of the refurbished ones just to see what it's like stock, then see what improvements could be had.

I have a Hitachi D13VF 1/2 power drill (MIC!!) that I bought new (rarely do I buy new tools) when I did my garden beds. Although I rarely need it now, that drill would be one of the last tools that I would sell.

I bought a cs33eb/16 at Menard's for 99 bucks, new. Good for trimming off the branches, I guess, but no guts for anything over 3 or 4 inch diameter. Maybe if the wife wanted to trim the small stuff.......

Menard's don't take returns once fuel has been put in. Otherwise, I would have returned it 10 minutes after trying it out.

Probably priced at $99 because they knew it was junk.

Latest posts

Back