anyone use a biljax 5533

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im looking at possibly selling my genie tmz 50/30 and getting the biljax. The shop tells me they are proportional hydraulics but i cant find any info about it. my genie if fine yet just looking for the extra height. I really want a nifty tm64 but I cant find one anywhere and if i do there to expensive.

Thanks for any input that you guys have I appreciate it all.
thanks
jason

I can't answer your question but these guys are in Grand Rapids.
Great Lakes Access They probably can if you give them a call. I've rented them on a couple of occasions and the rental guy told me there were some big problems with some of them. Electronics as I remember. He said they returned the one they purchased from Bil-Jax. I rented it when it was almost new and it was a great machine. A couple of months later it was replaced with a different unit so I guess he was telling the truth.
Good luck,
Phil

bikjax

That is pretty funny, they are the place that is selling that lift so I was trying to get some input from guy before I get that far. My tmz is nice justwish that the controls were perportional, Kinda jerky when streched all the way out. but I guess that i might have to live with it.
jason

Well, that wasn't much help then. The only reason I suggested them was that I've been watching their auctions on ebay for the last few years and they never seem to be "dumping" anything. It could be that they just refuse to sell anything too cheap but I just got the impression that the stuff they were selling was a little higher quality than the normal ebay stuff. Just an observation. Save your money and buy one of the 75' spider lifts.:)
Well good luck anyhow,
Phil

biljax

Spiderlift would be like a dream come true for me. they are just out of my prive range. They have a 2007 biljax 5533 as of now. I bought my genie tmz 50/30 from them and it has been really good to me. they went thru the whole machine before I bought it. New honda motor and wiring and computer just to be safe. It was a really fair price for all that they did to the machine.
jason

The Bil-jax units are proportional hydraulics...however they are also battery powered, the engine is for recharge.

you will have to plug the unit in over night to ensure you have a full charge for the next day, I am not big on the bil-jax units, their batteries are not the best from what I hear, I have demoed some of there stuff & if you think your genie is a little loose.....you`ll think its a tight unit after running one of these.

their hydraulic hose placement at the turret has many wear points, personally... if they would go to a diesel motor option, no batteries other than for emergency system down & make a few other improvements...then they would have a machine!

right now for the money I think nifty has the best all around lift...now if they would just design a better place to store their hoses they would have an even better product. I wish Ameriquip would introduce a 55-60 ft machine...that would be my choice hands down in the towable category!

good luck!!

LXT................

biljax

I agree nifty has a great lift just really hard to get ahold of here in michigan. Biljax is the king around here since they are made in ohio. Ive been wanting a nifty tm64 for the past 3 to 4 years cant find any and if i do there out of sight on price. ameriquip really does need to step up and put a 60ft lift out. It would be a great lift if they made it like they do the eagle 42 but just 60 foot. I would be there with ya to buy one of those. It prob would have a great price on it as well and make all the other companies take notice. gadgets dont always make a machine better.
jason

Latest posts

Back