Anything wrong with this pic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is from a Sears catalog....other than the fake smudge of dirt on his face...LOL

attachment.php

Chain brake is on?
Normally those poulan/craftsman handgaurds are really close to your hand on the front handle if they are not engaged.. Oh well he'd prob be safer with the brake on and just move the saw back and forth real fast! :help:

Old51AVE

I guess I never thought about holding a saw with the oter hand. Are there any lefties that hold a saw the other way? I guess it wouldnt matter as long as you held the handle so the brake would work. :)

I guess I never thought about holding a saw with the oter hand. Are there any lefties that hold a saw the other way? I guess it wouldnt matter as long as you held the handle so the brake would work. :)

The trouble with holding the saw with your left hand, as this guy is doing, is that you put your leg and crotch at much greater risk if you come down through the wood. Chainsaws are designed for right handers so that when you cut, if you take a proper position, the bar and chain are to the right of your right lag - a much safer position.

He's trying realy hard to cut that wood. With the jaw forward and clenched. Maybe with the chain brake released, chain on correct and saw started, he might have better results. This is the reason pretty boy models, model,.... and then hire real men to tend to their trees.

Back