Apologies...search doesn't work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking here for threads about Jonsered saws hasn't yielded what I was hoping to find. I love the red saws I own, but I need a replacement for a tired old war-horse

Called two dealers today wanting 60cc hi-perf Jonsered saw. One doesn't order new Jonsered saws anymore, the other acted like they'd never heard of them (most likely got the wrong person). Looking at Jonsered international website suggests that the 2260 has replaced the 2156, but the USA site shows a 2159 and a 2258. The 2159 was the std performance model if I recall, and the 2258 seems to be the strato- replacement. Either one would probably get the work done, but I really wanted a lighter-weight replacement for the 630.

I have a 2149 (husky 346 jug), a 630 with issues, a 670/272 hybrid, a 90, and a husky 395, so its mostly about filling a gap.

The questions are: I imagine the 2159 is about burning up stock on hand; new orders would get 2258. Experience with 2258: would I miss the performance difference? I've used a Husky 257XP and loved it except for the screwy handle.

Is Jonsered dissappearing into oblivion? Should I treasure my red saws, but look for another (gulp) pumpkin, or (gulp 2x) buy a kraut kutter? (husky/Stihl lovers...don't get offended, I just love red).

Thanks for replies.

im a jonsered dealer and can ship you any model you might want. I have the 2258 and 2260 on hand.

Just order a ported 2260 from tlandrum and you will have the lightest, most powerful 60cc
Available. I will be putting up some video of mine next week. Just got it
In Friday and it feels great. Takes the husky small bar
So it really is one of the lightest 60cc saws out there

Latest posts

Back