Arborday seminar - Trees, People and the Law; with V. Merullo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New Year, people.

Thanks for posting the seminar announcement, I wouldn't have seen it anywhere else, because this forum is THE place to be. No need to log on to anywhere else these days, Arboristsite is where the action is.

I like the 'roadshow' approach to delivering a message to several locales. Lots of cities allows many to share the experience and compare later. Also lets the program folks refine their message into a more palatable format.

This subject is right on the money for working arborists. Those who attend such educational sessions are able to offer their clients the best possible service. Those who don't, aren't. It's as simple as that.

There's plenty of people who have been doing things the same way for 20 years, which they learned from someone who learned 20 years before that. This is 40 year old technology. Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that we have sufficient knowledge for our purposes; since new information is being revealed, go after the subtle nuances that can make a good person great.

Speaking of being off-topic, here's another one about an Urban Forestry Symposium at your friendly neighborhood ewe-dub:

"Tools and Techniques to Manage the Urban Forest"

This two-day program will be held on March 13 and 14, 2003 at the University of Washington Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 N.E. 41st Street, Seattle, WA.

MISSION: To review how urban forestry, environmental horticulture, and social sciences create strategies to manage natural resources in the urban environment.

Those who already know it all are invited to submit a poster for presentation at the event. I'll be there eagerly trying to learn more stuff that can help me see the relationship between people and trees.

Symposium website link
content7_1.gif

Oops, I shoulda read the fine print. The show has been on the road for a few months now and the Sturbridge and MKE shows are all that is left.

Hence the editing.

Latest posts

Back