Are you serious???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truck4

Head Pee On
Reaction score
Ok the local pecan farmers are triming now, Im pretty good friends with several of them and they usually call me to let me know there is wood to be had:rock: I usually make sure my dad has plenty of wood before I take any, so I called him and he said that his 18' trailer was still on the truck so he would swing by this am to pick me up and head out, we get to the orchard and Mike (orchard manager) says that he is letting two other guys in to get wood to and if I would keep an eye on them for him. Im ok with that, I get my saw filled with gas/oil and while its warming up put my chaps, gloves, radio ear protectors (one of the best gifts from the wife yet:msp_thumbup:) gloves etc, etc, and go to work about 5 min. later I see two trucks pull in with small trailers realize they are the ones Mike was talking about, about 15 min. later I stop to help dad load some bigger stuff and start watching this other guy, he is out there cutting / loading wood in a t-shirt and sweats!!!! I know Mike is big on being safe in there so I go over to let the guy know he needs to do something about what he is wearing or not wearing I guess, as I get to him I also realize he is wearing FLIP FLOPS!!!! come on really? I tell him he needs to leave and put on something thats going to protect him, says I cant make him do sh*t, ok I call Mike explain it to him, 5 min. later Mike is there, he makes the guy unload everthing and leave and not to come back, as he was driving out all he could do was give me a dirty look:hmm3grin2orange:

Ok the local pecan farmers are triming now, Im pretty good friends with several of them and they usually call me to let me know there is wood to be had:rock: I usually make sure my dad has plenty of wood before I take any, so I called him and he said that his 18' trailer was still on the truck so he would swing by this am to pick me up and head out, we get to the orchard and Mike (orchard manager) says that he is letting two other guys in to get wood to and if I would keep an eye on them for him. Im ok with that, I get my saw filled with gas/oil and while its warming up put my chaps, gloves, radio ear protectors (one of the best gifts from the wife yet:msp_thumbup:) gloves etc, etc, and go to work about 5 min. later I see two trucks pull in with small trailers realize they are the ones Mike was talking about, about 15 min. later I stop to help dad load some bigger stuff and start watching this other guy, he is out there cutting / loading wood in a t-shirt and sweats!!!! I know Mike is big on being safe in there so I go over to let the guy know he needs to do something about what he is wearing or not wearing I guess, as I get to him I also realize he is wearing FLIP FLOPS!!!! come on really? I tell him he needs to leave and put on something thats going to protect him, says I cant make him do sh*t, ok I call Mike explain it to him, 5 min. later Mike is there, he makes the guy unload everthing and leave and not to come back, as he was driving out all he could do was give me a dirty look:hmm3grin2orange:

I gess some people take others coments the wrong way. He should realize that he is not on his property triming rose bushes and you were jst looking out for his and land owners best interest. Glad owner kicked him out. More wood for you.:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Roy,
There's one born every minute (that's what I've heard anyway). :laugh:
At least he was wearing "flip flop's", could have been hurache's (or however you spell it). You know those sandal's made from tire's, that come from south of the border. :laugh: You are in the desert, lucky he didn't show up in shorts.

How's that shoulder?
If it doesn't snow or rain, we can get you in now. :cheers:

Andy

I agree, you can't fix stupid, but Mike should have made sure that everyone cutting on that property knew the rules in advance. Just sayin'.

Serves him right! That dumb jackass is an accident waiting to happen. Mind you, I'm not a safety nazi, but at the minimum I'll wear denim jeans and decent shoes when I go out to cut. Christ......how hard can that be?

I was in LA once on a business trip and I was on the highway. Traffic was heavy but moving very fast, north of 70 MPH. I could see a motorcycle coming up quick between the lanes in my left mirror. As he blew by me I could see he was wearing a pair of shorts, tank top and flip-flops. State law says you have to wear a helmet so he had one of those. I remember thinking it was a death wish.

People don't make wise decisions. At least it will keep ER doctors busy and in practice for legitimate accidents.

At 70 MPH on a motorcycle, the only difference between no helmet and wearing one... closed casket or open casket.

I guess I must be one of those stupid ones... if it's hot and I haf'ta do some cutting (like storm damage) I think nothing of running my saw in cutoff jeans, tennis shoes (don't own flip-flops), and bareback. When it's hot, about the only thing that will cause me to change into jeans and boots is if I need to fire up the arc welder... unless it's just a quick tack-job, then I'll take my chances with the leather apron.

I don't know, Sweats and a t-shirt don't seem that bad to me. I often wear sweats when I work with firewood since you end up bending down a lot. Less pulling up your pants with sweats:msp_biggrin: I usually wear my chaps when cutting, especially around brush and uneven terrain. If you don't wear chaps I don't see much difference between sweats and jeans.

The flippity flops are a serious no-no. Heck, I dropped a piece of firewood on my toe carrying it from the garage to the stove wearing crocks last night. It hurt like a mother.

...I don't see much difference between sweats and jeans.

Agreed... I don't see one offering more or less protection from the saw than the other... actually, I only see minimal (if any) protection vs bare legs.
But flip-flops?? Well, at least if he stepped on a thorn there would be a little protection. :laugh:

I don't know, Sweats and a t-shirt don't seem that bad to me. I often wear sweats when I work with firewood since you end up bending down a lot. Less pulling up your pants with sweats:msp_biggrin: I usually wear my chaps when cutting, especially around brush and uneven terrain. If you don't wear chaps I don't see much difference between sweats and jeans.

The flippity flops are a serious no-no. Heck, I dropped a piece of firewood on my toe carrying it from the garage to the stove wearing crocks last night. It hurt like a mother.

When did they start making crocs for men? Silly man, crocks are for chicks.

Sweats

I was cutting wood and noticed another wood cutter in sweats.His sweats were covered in wood chips I told if he wore jeans the chips wouldn't stick. The next day he showed up with jeans on.

Hey Roy,
There's one born every minute (that's what I've heard anyway). :laugh:
At least he was wearing "flip flop's", could have been hurache's (or however you spell it). You know those sandal's made from tire's, that come from south of the border. :laugh: You are in the desert, lucky he didn't show up in shorts.

How's that shoulder?
If it doesn't snow or rain, we can get you in now. :cheers:

Andy

That was my mother she said " There's one born every minute and they never die"

I was in LA once on a business trip and I was on the highway. Traffic was heavy but moving very fast, north of 70 MPH. I could see a motorcycle coming up quick between the lanes in my left mirror. As he blew by me I could see he was wearing a pair of shorts, tank top and flip-flops. State law says you have to wear a helmet so he had one of those. I remember thinking it was a death wish.

People don't make wise decisions. At least it will keep ER doctors busy and in practice for legitimate accidents.

We called them "2-wheel organ donors".

Yep, seen a lot of bubbas like that. Typically, they are always the worlds best fill in the blank, too. Best mechanic/best driver everyone else is a moron/ bestdog trainer/sawyer/hardest drinker, last guy standing/best shot/best street fighter/only his opinion on politics is correct/only his vehicles brand make model are any good everything else is junk, etc., yada yada.

Seen a couple dozen like that come and go on this farm, they typically get fired over being crooks or just grossly unqualified or lazy.

Now whenever there is a new one I just blow them off once we get introduced and they start in on how they are a professional mechanic or whatever..I go why the heck are you working here for chump change then? That shuts em up. I dont hang with any of them now, they work over there, I work over here and am quite content to know I am not the best anything, and not askeered to ask for help or knowledge on subjects.

You helped him

Mabe one day he will see you were helpeing him so he would not cut his foot or something else off. Y ou did yourself the owner and him a faver.

Back