AS at the Cemetery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...how 'bout a PM next time you guys are up to something at that cemetary?

I'm not that far down the road, and I'd love to come help out. (Have 2171, will travel...)

BTW, ailanthus, Tree of HELL, is the worst dang thing we have here in SE Michigan, and that includes the Lions. My neighbor has a 50 ft tall "specimen," and as a result, everyone within two blocks has eight billion of the things in their yards. It would be my pleasure to sink a saw into one.

Will do.

Fear not, we still have a few of those really big ailanthus - 20"+ - that need to come down, but they'll probably have to wait until the fall. Just gotta get some donations together to be able to re-plant something desirable in the areas where these trees are; I don't want to completely clearcut the place, you know.

More info will follow when the time comes...

Nice job Brandon. You folks are getting that Cemetary cleand up real good.
Whats your connection with it?

Give me a shout also when you go back, I'm not that far away.

Ed

Nice job Brandon. You folks are getting that Cemetary cleand up real good.
Whats your connection with it?

Give me a shout also when you go back, I'm not that far away.

Ed

Will do. It might be fun to turn one of my saturday cemetery workdays into a mini-working-GTG or something along those lines. Just gotta scrounge up a bucket truck for a couple of the removals, since one tree is broken and another is covered in poison ivy and nobody wants to climb it. We have a good half-dozen big Ailanthus that can be flopped, though.

I've got relatives in the cemetery back to the early 1800s, so that's my initial connection. More recently, I spent ten years as a Trustee for the cemetery association, and this year I was eleted President of the cemetery association. We're an old cemetery by midwest standards, and this is our 170th year of continuous operation. We also 100% remain private, which is a rarity, with burial rights limited to descendants of the original families. The cemetery has a large number of veteran burails, too, from the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, and all of the 20th centry wars.

arggggg

Will do. It might be fun to turn one of my saturday cemetery workdays into a mini-working-GTG or something along those lines. Just gotta scrounge up a bucket truck for a couple of the removals, since one tree is broken and another is covered in poison ivy and nobody wants to climb it. We have a good half-dozen big Ailanthus that can be flopped, though.

I've got relatives in the cemetery back to the early 1800s, so that's my initial connection. More recently, I spent ten years as a Trustee for the cemetery association, and this year I was eleted President of the cemetery association. We're an old cemetery by midwest standards, and this is our 170th year of continuous operation. We also 100% remain private, which is a rarity, with burial rights limited to descendants of the original families. The cemetery has a large number of veteran burails, too, from the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, and all of the 20th centry wars.

Argggggg, don't even say poison ivy, my forearms are covered in poison oak.:( Itchy as H:censored:. I was on my SIDE-JOB lol, on sat and was cuttin' some poison oak covered white ash. Some of the vines where 3in across. I cut a total of 20 trees for this farmer. He has more for me.:rock: :)

Back