As of today i raised bumdle wood $1.00 per EA!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wholesale bundled wood $3.50

I am not very fast and efficient with bundled wood. I have a hand crank wood bundler and use 12" stretch film and staple on a poly handle that I cut myself off of a roll of 1/4" rope. It seems to take me three or four hours once I have the wood stacked up and ready to bundle. I sell eucalyaptus to trailer store and a small market possibly sell 300 to 400 bundles not making a killing but supplimenting my heating bill. I burn wood. David

Zogger

That is a sign that I have tacked on it. I have had a few people just stop by and get the stack by the road.

that's cool. I have seewn similar home small operations around here, but never stopped to check prices, except one guy has a sign, ten bucks, on his little stacks. Same deal, pile or stack of wood out by the driveway.

Good for you!
It seems most people here feel the need to work harder for less $.
And money does grow on trees!(if you bundle)
PM me and i will show you how to make a simple bundler all you need to do is buy wrap $12 @ Ace hardware.(bundler 101)
The rest is Junk found free!
Sorry to the rest of you i have sent plans to many none have ever followed though.(I wasted my time)
DON'T ASK IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!!!

This guy has ambition and will Get it done.

My my, a little testy aren't we? :laugh:
Building a firewood bundler isn't rocket science.
If you were trying to help others by sending your plans, you didn't waste your time. The people who didn't utilize an asset did.
If you were sending out plans so others would bragg on your wonderful design, and put a feather in your cap.....You were wasting your time from the start.
That being said, go ahead and keep your plans to yourself. I didn't want them anyway.

Andy

My my, a little testy aren't we? :laugh:
Building a firewood bundler isn't rocket science.
If you were trying to help others by sending your plans, you didn't waste your time. The people who didn't utilize an asset did.
If you were sending out plans so others would bragg on your wonderful design, and put a feather in your cap.....You were wasting your time from the start.
That being said, go ahead and keep your plans to yourself. I didn't want them anyway.

Andy

You beat me to that punch. LOL.

I see a lot of people selling wheel barrows full near the camping area around these parts. I would be real leary parking my wheelbarrow near my road. I got a freind who does a lot of residential concrete work, He says" theres nothing wrong with yuppies, they're better eatin than bear"

I sell 3,000 bundles per season. Those bundles go to two campgrounds. It was too much work using a 5 gallon bucket so I made a bundler. I tie my bundles up with twine. One twine on each end of the bundle, then tie the two strings together to make a handle. I can change the size of the bundle from .75 cu.ft to 1.25 cu. ft. Working by myself I can make 45 bundles per hour if I stay at it, and the wood is close.

I have tried to get in to gas stations, but the chains all require kiln dried wood, AND, you have to supply all of their chain, not just the one or two local ones. I do not have the capacity OR kiln to do that, yet.

I also sell 3x3 stacks in my front yard. I average 4 of those stacks on a weekend, altho some weekends I can't stack them fast enough.

This is all red oak. I have no other wood available other than pine. Maybe I should mix some pine in? have not tried that.

Ted
Try it see if it works! (the pine is starter wood)

I am not very fast and efficient with bundled wood. I have a hand crank wood bundler and use 12" stretch film and staple on a poly handle that I cut myself off of a roll of 1/4" rope. It seems to take me three or four hours once I have the wood stacked up and ready to bundle. I sell eucalyaptus to trailer store and a small market possibly sell 300 to 400 bundles not making a killing but supplimenting my heating bill. I burn wood. David

I put an electric motor on mine when i built it,it used too much wrap.
I now wrap kind of by hand,pull the wrap around to stretch and grab the counter weight 3 times on the last turn i grab the wrap with my fingers and snap it.(it works well)
Other than the fire ban here i had 2 bundles break sitting @ over 5600 feet in direct sunlight for about 3 months.
For wrap i use Pallet wrap 18" rolls cut them in 1/2 with an electric CS (9"rolls), case price is under $70 including tax the rolls are 2500 ft so wrap is about $8.00 per roll.
Loading the Hopper is my downfall once loaded about 15 seconds to wrap.

Back