AS. site lingo dictionary in no particular order

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM me to modify the list. OR do what Fatguy does and add to it.

AS- Arborist Site
BB- Big bore
WOT- Wide open throttle
P/C- Piston and Cylinder
B/C- Bar and Chain
OP- Original Post
GTG-Get to gether
PM- Private Message
IPL- Illustrated Parts List
SM- Service Manual
CAD - Chainsaw Addiction/Aquisition Disorder
OEM - Original Equipmant Manufacturer
TIA- Thanks in advance
AV- Anti Vibe (Vibration)
Clunk- Weighted fuel filter
BIL- Brother in law
DBH- Diameter Breast High
P/N- Part number
W/M- Widow maker (branch of a tree that falls and hits you on the head)
WM- workshop manual
OMGIJSLHDOE- Oh my god, i just spent my last hundred dollars on ebay
FOP- File-o-Plate
FIL- Father in law
OTD- Out the door
BTW- By the way
PHO- Power head only
RTFM- read the flippin manual.
Jug- Cylinder head.
Slug- piston
OWB- outdoor wood boiler
HX- heat exchanger
DW- domestic water
creamsicle - Stihl saw and/or Husky saw
rope - epitome of a HuskyHead
HuskyHead - one who places loyalty to Husqvarna over all reason
Tommie - super Stihl salesman and technition
ST - SawTroll - every spec ever invented and he'll add more if you ask kindly
StihlHead - one who places loyalty to Stihl over all reason
TwoKay - 2K = 2000SSM6 = a StihlHead
Diaper Posse/DP - BLSnelling, FatGuy & AndyShine
NPIDH - No pictures? It didn't happen
NVIDH - No video? It didn't happen
NYET
Space - Spacey = RocketDonkey = SpaceMule = lawyer jokes
Goblin - all that is wrong with AS, the internet, the world and the universe all rolled into one
Gary - I have an oil realated question
GaryGoo - the proper answer to any lubrication related question

NOS = new old stock
NLA = no longer available
Heavy Hitter- Someone who has a lot of rep and its a big hit on a person who has not so much rep. (can be good or bad)
PUI- posting under the influence

Not to crap on Gary(Gasoline71) but how come he's allowed to say no effin way, but I get wrote up for spelling it different??????:censored:

You need more Badges.

bedoyamg7.png

:agree2: :ices_rofl::ices_rofl: Ya I want to cuss too!.

That Mexican's saw must have kicked back and caught the brim of his hat,:censored::jawdrop:
The only way to keep from getting in trouble is spell the word out and let the censors x out the words for you. Trying to get around the censors will get an infraction, Next time just spell it out or insert the censored smiley.

The only way to keep from getting in trouble is spell the word out and let the censors x out the words for you. Trying to get around the censors will get an infraction, Next time just spell it out or insert the censored smiley.

I got an infraction for posting the first and last letters and then blanking out the other letters of a swearword a while ago, I'm not whinging about it as it was a fair cop but I have noticed that it doesn't seem to blank out some of our English slang words.

I got an infraction for posting the first and last letters and then blanking out the other letters of a swearword a while ago, I'm not whinging about it as it was a fair cop but I have noticed that it doesn't seem to blank out some of our English slang words.
Yep it won't get some, I'm as guilty as anyone, I've got infractions in the joke forums for trying to get around the censors. Now i just let it do the job or i mostly will change the word to a cleaner version. We gotta just understand that the censors are there for a reason, No censors means no control and this place would be full of words that most of us don't want our children to see.

Yep it won't get some, I'm as guilty as anyone, I've got infractions in the joke forums for trying to get around the censors. Now i just let it do the job or i mostly will change the word to a cleaner version. We gotta just understand that the censors are there for a reason, No censors means no control and this place would be full of words that most of us don't want our children to see.

Yeah, that's fair enough, I'm not blaming the software for my failings anyway.

Not to crap on Gary(Gasoline71) but how come he's allowed to say no effin way, but I get wrote up for spelling it different??????:censored:

No disrespect to you Gary I like your posts, but if your gonna moderate, than moderate!

ok, moderate it shall be.

Well ya can't complain about moderation either. Maybe he just got a day or two.

Yup, complaining is good for a day.

Writing out language violations here is akin to giving out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

i normally do not edit, primarily because I am not an editor. This thread was already 3 plus pages when I read it, that takes some effort to get there. SOP is to just delete, but deleting the first post, terminates the thread. So, instead I edited that, deleted the rest, then wrote the appropriate tickets.
I think that trigger brought up Gary and Gary did in fact get a ticket and his response was to pm me and say thanks for the reminder, that's a better way of handling it than to make a post whining about how you got an infraction and someone else didn't :cry::cry::cry:

Bottom line is, we have guidelines for language use and they are enforced. If you go outside those guidelines and get a ticket, so be it. Man up and take the medicine you earned without the tears or the drama or the complaining.

Yup, complaining is good for a day.

Writing out language violations here is akin to giving out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

i normally do not edit, primarily because I am not an editor. This thread was already 3 plus pages when I read it, that takes some effort to get there. SOP is to just delete, but deleting the first post, terminates the thread. So, instead I edited that, deleted the rest, then wrote the appropriate tickets.
I think that trigger brought up Gary and Gary did in fact get a ticket and his response was to pm me and say thanks for the reminder, that's a better way of handling it than to make a post whining about how you got an infraction and someone else didn't :cry::cry::cry:

Bottom line is, we have guidelines for language use and they are enforced. If you go outside those guidelines and get a ticket, so be it. Man up and take the medicine you earned without the tears or the drama or the complaining.

Well put Trimmed.:clap::clap:

My take on this is that if you choose to be a member, you have to respect the rules, even if you don't agree with them.

Personally I disagree with a few of the rules (cultural differences), but I try to obey them anyway!

Latest posts

Back