Ash Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it is not EAB. I talked to my county extension office and another arborist. Both told me that I should stick with the arborist I have. The next nearest arborist I can find is almost 70 miles away.

hmmm
How long has it been since the stress was noticed and when was the treatment applied and what is his time-line for improvement?
Get him back again and ask his professional opinion of why you haven't seen any improvement and what he would do.
Ask him if your soil near it is mostly clay or has better aeration. Like stated, too much water in clay type soil can drown the roots.(but typically you'd see other trees in proximity having similar stresses if that was the case).

Don't know why this occurred to me today, and not earlier... did they put black plactic (or perhaps black with yellow caps) plugs in the holes they drilled? if so, tap above those gently to see if the bark is lose or tight. If those plugs are not set right the injection can blow off some bark. if that happened to all of the plugs, you tree would have a hard time getting enough water to the leaves. Are the holes are the very bottom of the tree?
I just saw this post. The holes are at the very base of the tree. There are no caps in them. I didn't notice any loose bark.

hmmm
How long has it been since the stress was noticed and when was the treatment applied and what is his time-line for improvement?
Get him back again and ask his professional opinion of why you haven't seen any improvement and what he would do.
Ask him if your soil near it is mostly clay or has better aeration. Like stated, too much water in clay type soil can drown the roots.(but typically you'd see other trees in proximity having similar stresses if that was the case).
He keeps telling me I have leaf rust. I guess he has to come to with something.

I was looking at the tree yesterday. It seems to be dropping less leaves than it was. Also there appears to be new leaf growth at the top at the ends of the branches. Hope this is a good sign.

My tree is still dropping leaves, but also seems to be growing some new ones. Last week it was over 90 degrees everyday with no rain. It rained less than a 1/4 inch this week. Should I be watering the tree or not? The arborist will not return my calls or emails. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

if the tree is dead cut it up for firewood

if youn need a nother tree plant one

Back