Atlas Powered Rope Ascender

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md_tree_dood

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Saw this on tv the other day and found a video to watch. This device does 10ft per second. Figure you can now SRT 100ft tree in 10 seconds. The main issue I can see would be sending the device back down in a smooth and controlled fashion, well that and the price of course. As of now, it's not for sale except to the military from what I could find. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGvibmr2CIU

It will also allow you to repel using it, so you could come back down on your single line if you had to.

Last edited:
remember there is no limbs in the way on the vid. if it can be slowed down, controlled by the climber, and anchored to a tree, this is a nice tool fer some

The Spider Jack comes out a lot lighter and a lot cheaper, but it looks like a fun bit of kit. Someone posted something about it before.

It would be good for the Postal service to deliver mail to apartment blocks and condos!

Look up the wraptor on youtube. This is the real deal made in the US, by a great treeman. If you are interested in purchasing one, PM me

There is a new one about to hit the market. Developed and engineered by an actual climber. It works VERY well, gas powered and completely controlled by the climber.
Unfortunately I cannot say much more about it, I wish I could, but it will be out soon and I think it will be very well received!

This looks like a nice compact model.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGVAgXx6Oo

That's the Odyssee....Italian Made....and the climber, Graeme, is renowned as arguably the best big tree removal guy anywhere.....He calls his unit, "Scotty" ........ "Beam me up, Scotty!!"

Ya'll be sure to check out the rest of his YouTube vids.....

The Wraptor is very similar, and will be available in the US sometime soon.

Back