Attempted to go cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterzenbach

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
haha im waiting to go cutting right now, a huge hickory plans to go home with me today!!!:smile2:

The picture of the road ahead made my wallpaper now. great picture.

We are having rain/ice today. No snow here yet. I busted my balls this week cutting firewood as it was 40-50s the whole week. That seems to be changing for us now to colder temps:msp_ohmy:

We just had out first hard freeze last night...here in the South..!! LOL..!!

Only been to Oregon once..for ONE day..immediately headed back South..!!
:cheers:
J2F

The picture of the road ahead made my wallpaper now. great picture.

We are having rain/ice today. No snow here yet. I busted my balls this week cutting firewood as it was 40-50s the whole week. That seems to be changing for us now to colder temps:msp_ohmy:

I set it as a picture on mine too. Great photos. Makes me jealous. Here in Pa it was close to 60.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, I was supposed to go get wood today north of Spokane but my buddy called and said forget it, he lives between me and the place we cut wood and said he has to dig the 1 1/2 foot of snow out of his drive way. Looks like I need to find a place closer to town.

Northern Mi. here had to be close to 55-60 today. Only got half a cord more. I had to take my coat and hat off. How high are you there?

Probably a dumb question

Very nice pics. Have to ask, where you are going..same trees that are right there next to your truck? You can't cut any of those? What's the deal on harvesting where you are? Is that all public or private land or what?

Sucks you didn't get to go cut though, looks like it was a real pretty day.

At my house outside of town im at 3800 or so. The spot i tried to go to was private land owned by a logging company that I have personal access to at 5000+ft? Somewhere around there. And The usual trail i take to the 16-20in lodgepole was impassabe so i tried to go around it.... Those trees were on National Forest land. Around where i live the woods change 100% about every 2 miles. From Shrubs and junipers to ponderoda pine, to lodgepole then to bull pine and Fir. Just around every corner it changes. Lots of different elevations and climates.

I do like that white stuff... But after selling cords of wood to everyone else im 1 cord short of 3 for myself.... But Ive got other places to hit tomorrow :msp_sneaky:

Latest posts

Back