ATTENTION! Stihl 041 Owner's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good to see, as Im lookin at buyin an 041 FB, since my wife wont let me buy a new 441 or 361 right now...:chainsaw:

Pretty similar... there there is some great reading in the old service manuals... Getting hard to find though...

Pretty similar... there there is some great reading in the old service manuals... Getting hard to find though...

how much older is the 041 AV than the farm boss version? had one come in today with the old almost red color scheme and a 20" oregon bar that was so old (had the wheel at the end instead of a sprocket nose) that was so old that neither oregon in the US nor Canada could tell us anything about the bar even after giving them the bar numbers. the saw ended up taking a 33RS70 chain

Old bar

I have 2 old remingtons that have those style bars. I don't know if they were original bars but there the only saws I have seen with that style bar. And I though that the av modle was newer than the farm boss my 041 av is Electronic version no points. And Bowtie if you looking for a 041 let me know be cause I'm getting ready to take my 041av,and my c-72 and 650ss homelites to the stihl dealer and tread them in for some newer saws like the ms441 and ms660

Last edited:
041 - 1967-1975
041FB - 1976-1986
041AV - 1967-1986
041AVE - 1968-1983
041Super - 1977-1983
041AVQ - 1981-1985

So the question is how does the 041 compare to the 038? It seems they are pretty parallel in displacement. 038 is reed valve right? Both models are ~61cc and have Super/Magnum available at ~72cc. Is the 038 as durable. Seems around here that every old 041 is still cutting and producing the most beautiful of exhaust notes.

I really like the old reliable as gravity Stihls.

So the question is how does the 041 compare to the 038? It seems they are pretty parallel in displacement. 038 is reed valve right? Both models are ~61cc and have Super/Magnum available at ~72cc. Is the 038 as durable. Seems around here that every old 041 is still cutting and producing the most beautiful of exhaust notes.

I believe the 038 is a non-reed valve saw, built more like saws
of today expect for oil pump and air filter (smaller) But I have
been wrong before and will be again ;)

Nope... both saws are piston ported...

The 038 is completely different saw, the next generation after the 041, and much more like the "modern" saws... Sure, the 041 cuts great, but... give me an 038 (preferably a Mag2) any day..

The FB is the "next version". Lot's of small differences and it even has it's own IPL...

do you have any sort of model chronology chart or anything like that? I had an incomplete one but it's long gone.

Anybody out on that end of the world talked to Andy lately?...Hope all is well w/ him...

Latest posts

Back