Attention Stump Grinding Outfits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainman1888

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to see what you all think about my business website. Ive had it for a few years, and don't know If I should revamp anything. I made this web page myself using Weebly, and it has been okay, but I think there may be better providers out there that give a better google ranking etc. Do you have a good recommendation? Does the site look good enough as is? Be critical if needed, I'd rather just know how it is. Thanks

www.sodakstump.com

Looks good, a few ideas to take it a bit further:
-use bullet points instead of paragraphs
-it helps the viewer get through the information faster
-and it doesn't look like a big block of text to read

Break up the redundancy by adding paragraphs in-between the bullet points/lists when you need to.

Include that you are fully insured, and what that does for the homeowner (with a bullet list). Also increase the font size and change the color of your contact information at the bottom.

On your free estimates page, there is a minor typo, "Stumps are like icebergs with much below the surface than above."
I imagine you meant "with much more below the surface than above."

On your services page, the text is a bit blocky. I think you can break up the paragraph or cut some of the words. Changing font types may help as well. Also, I think you should get a picture with you next to the equipment to illustrate the size of the stump grinders you use. People like size, especially if they have no idea what they are talking about. I have lost jobs to incompetent companies just because they have a billboard on wheels, size talks.

On your Contact page, after you say, "I appreciate your interest in SoDak Stump Removal." You should delete what follows, and say, "I appreciate your interest in SoDak Stump Removal. Here is what customers are saying about our service:" And then list a couple testimonials.

The rest looks good, I would maybe add more pictures into the FAQ section. People love pictures, especially if they are having trouble following the arborist jargon.

MOST IMPORTANTLY. You need to add a testimonials sections; a tab that is dedicated to testimonials from previous clients. If you have a negative testimonial, no matter how honest it is to include it, do not include it. Sprinkle in a testimonial here and there, particularly on the guarantee and contact pages. But people definitely like to see a sections of testimonials, especially if they find you on the internet, and not through word of mouth. Generally word of mouth people are sold before they even see the website.

Hopefully this long winded response helps. At college I do a variety of media things, including marketing and web design, so I enjoy sharing the accumulated knowledge when I can!

Cheers,
Matt

Matt- Thanks for the advice! I will def use that info, seems like you really know what you are talking about. Thanks again.

Great! I'm happy to help. Send me a message or post a link of the updated site on here and I'll run through it again.

what's the model of this grinder. Looks like it might work for me too. Thx. Erwin st. Louis MO

I thought it was pretty good.
Very informative. I never knew about the way you pointed out that the mulch wont let grass grow, so you should backfill with black dirt.

If I was to hire a stump grinder, id feel I could trust you based on the way you worded your site and the guarantees you offer...

Good job

Latest posts

Back