Atv Chainsaw mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had mine sent to the store to avoid shipping charges, and was wondering where it was since it was supposed to be in on the 26th. Kept checking my email and finally was gonna call the store and see why they hadn't shipped it yet.

Then I looked at the confirmation page again and noticed I used another one of my email addresses.. :msp_unsure:

So, its there at the store. I'll pick it up next week and get it mounted to the ol' 250. Might mount the other one on the 750KQ, but as tall as it is, might end up with just the bar by the time I went under a couple trees.. :msp_w00t:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. ordered 2 tonite..... man cant wait til they get here. wont have to use the old gun racks on the atv to hold the saws anymore.... thanks.

Threw mine on today... not exactly how i want it but was in a hurry.

Went on easy about ten minutes.
knobs are cheap, one was cracked in package, the other cracked on it's maiden voyage.
Should be easy to find better ( stronger) ones though, not bad for $7!!!

With slightly wider spacers u can use a plastic scabbard ( sorry no pic), and not have to smell the soft one!.

Last edited:
Had to order a couple just to find a use for them. Hoping I can adapt them easy enough to make them worth the $20 with shipping included:laugh:

Got it mounted up, pretty easy install. Broke one cheap plastic knob.

so had a surprise on the deck tonite when i got home..... 2 of them and cant wait to put um on the honda.....
i immediately took them to the garage after i opened the box...... HOLY BUCKETS........ they stink....... but i was well aware of that since i have seen several who got theirs already had posted the smell factor.
they seem heavy built......
will post pictures when i get them on this week.... maube tomorrow night.

Got my two.

As was said, these things STINK! Hate to be in the factory they were built in for hours at a time.

But seems well built, don't know that I'd hang the 441 in it, but the Quake will ride along well.

IMG_03911_zps5d26113d.jpg

IMG_03951_zps9deae074.jpg

Well worth the $7. Don't know that I'll put it on the KQ, as I know I'd just end up with a bar as tall as it is.

Got my two.

As was said, these things STINK! Hate to be in the factory they were built in for hours at a time.

But seems well built, don't know that I'd hang the 441 in it, but the Quake will ride along well.

IMG_03911_zps5d26113d.jpg

IMG_03951_zps9deae074.jpg

Well worth the $7. Don't know that I'll put it on the KQ, as I know I'd just end up with a bar as tall as it is.

Ordered my 3 and also ordered 2 too; carriers as well ???

mounted 1 tonite. mount bolts was alittle long and i had nothing in all my bolt collection to fit that was shorter. so i just put it on the front rack corner so the bolts cleared the fender. seems well built and i am gonna use it to death.

View attachment 283682

Kolpin Saw Press

Can anyone share their experience w/ Kolpin's Saw Press II chainsaw carrier?

I'm looking for a way to carry a small saw on the snowmobile that offers a little more support than the Mad Dog we all ordered last month (got 2 myself).
The Kolpin offers the option of vertical or 45* carry, using additional padded brackets that support the powerhead in the respective orientations. This strikes me as a better design b/c, especially in the 45* orientation, it reduces that constant torsioning of the bar & AV mounts from the powerhead, every time the vehicle bounces.

lfstyle.jpg
s7_521139_999_alt01_01

And to think I passed on one at a garage sale last year, NIB $10... :bang:

Last edited:
This strikes me as a better design b/c, especially in the 45* orientation, it reduces that constant torsioning of the bar & AV mounts from the powerhead, every time the vehicle bounces.

I would venture to guess the torque applied to the AV system from a truck ride is not as harsh as that of normal use.

I will say this though. I mounted one of my Grizzly the other day and I'm not very excited about the rubber scabbard. I'm probbly going to modify my clamps a bit to accomodate a different design of my own.

Can anyone share their experience w/ Kolpin's Saw Press II chainsaw carrier?

I'm looking for a way to carry a small saw on the snowmobile that offers a little more support than the Mad Dog we all ordered last month (got 2 myself).
The Kolpin offers the option of vertical or 45* carry, using additional padded brackets that support the powerhead in the respective orientations. This strikes me as a better design b/c, especially in the 45* orientation, it reduces that constant torsioning of the bar & AV mounts from the powerhead, every time the vehicle bounces.

lfstyle.jpg
s7_521139_999_alt01_01

And to think I passed on one at a garage sale last year, NIB $10... :bang:

I have one of those mounts as well. Works well, only used it a few times, very functional. Heres a few pics. (old ones, 455 is long gone and quad is a little different.)

DSC03716.jpg

DSC03714.jpg

Finally mounted mine

I bought three, gave one to a good friend then a couple days ago mounted one on the work ATV. I really like the way it works - much better than just bunge cording it to the rack. Haven't used it in the woods yet because - even though there several good sized trees down from the recent high winds it is too snowy and muddy to be working out in the forest right now. I'll mount the third one on the tractor when the weather turns nice.

Here are the pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The upper portion of the mount can be easily removed via the knurled knob so it is out of the way if you aren't carrying a chainsaw. Sweet!

That's my everyday go-to 028 onboard.

View attachment 287296View attachment 287297View attachment 287298View attachment 287299

Back