ATV site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoman8

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am managing a ranch which has two 500 cc Polaris 4 wheelers.

Can anyone recommend a good site to get info to diagnose and repair?

Thanks,
echoman

atv

What kind of problems you encountering?

Hi,

I am unfamiliar with ATV repair. I should have the model number and other info available for you, but I work there (ranch) during the week (no internet service) and come home on weekends. I will post more info Tuesday at the library.

Both are 500 4x4 Polaris and are on their second set of tires. The terrain is rocky here, so, I would guess that they are 4 years old.

ATV #1 == Sometimes when you engage the hand brake, the starter will turn. It was in a Midland shop recently and part of the repair was installing a new starter. This is second hand info. I have been working for the ranch 2 months and have not seen the receipt.

ATV #2 == There is an ignition "cut out" usually after the motor is warmed. The loss of fire may be slight or it may stall the engine. If the engine stalls, it takes repeated attempts to restart and gain rpm. This problem did not occur until after washing it. When I washed it, I had to wait a while for the ignition to dry.

The key thing is: I will run into many problems over the next few years and will need someone as experienced in newer ATV's as I am in older chainsaws.

I really appreciate the info on the ATV forums.

Thanks,
echoman

I own a Polaris ATV and I would like to go the record and say, they are the worst things to work on. There's no room for squat. I'm no wrench, but go and try to replace the fuel filter on one of these babies. I replaced mine this Friday. Took about an hour. It sits on top on the engine, 2" below the gas tank. I finally disconnected the whole line at the fuel pump, then pulled it out to swap out the filter. It sucked. To remove the oil filter I had to buy one of those filter wrenches that fits on the end of a rachet extension. I got em there. That job is easy. Polaris fire your engineers, they have no mercy for us guys.

Latest posts

Back