Auto-Switching Inverter/Charger for Wood Furnace, Pellet Stove, Outside Boiler, Etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brenndatomu, Nope, I didn't cut into my stove. I have probably a one of a kind setup that I know of anyway....The plenum on the back just houses the cold air return to the furnace fan which is a normal installation. The plenum on the top houses the "A" Coil to my heat pump/air conditioner. The heat pump ultilizes the wood furnace blower to do the air circulation. Before you guys say this won't work, This setup has been in service for 25 years without a single malfunction! :) If I want heat down to 40°, I use the heat pump. Above 80°, I use the air conditioner. Below 40° I use the wood furnace, all with one furnace blower.

hutpe, yea I know about transfer switches and gens. But to me, the battery backup makes a little more sense because of the expense to add the transfer switch and have a gen setting outside. The automatic gens can get very pricey...I have a little over a grand in this set up...

Back