Automated External Defibrillator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of heart attack "types."
VF quiver cant really be called a pulse. VT can also be "pulse-less." Many variations of VF and VT. As condition cascades, no AED = death, with prompt use of AED = chance of surviving till ambulance arrives. CPR cant reset crazy heart electrical impulses like the AED. In some situations important time can be bought.

Your cautions of first response expectations are excellent and appreciated.
No one falls over dead, gets zapped, then gets up and goes back to work.

Let me also clarify my point. An AED has its place in saving certain heart attacks, trama being one of them. However, my point was I'd rather have a crew trained in CPR with no AED available than an AED with people standing around not knowing CPR.

Let me also clarify my point. An AED has its place in saving certain heart attacks, trama being one of them. However, my point was I'd rather have a crew trained in CPR with no AED available than an AED with people standing around not knowing CPR.

^^This is the priority right here. I had another code today at work. We were able to shock once but it was the cpr that got the pulse back to shock. I know we've gone off into left field from the OP but hopefully we're saving him some money.

I carry my AED. It set me back about $1700, about five years ago. It clearly talks you through the whole procedure. There's a battery test cycle that gives you a verbal "OK," and you sign off on the attached card, monthly. It is self-contained in a hard plastic shell with a tight-fitting water-repellant carry bag.

How many of you carry EpiPens? Also important stuff. They are now a royal rip, though, even with top-notch health coverage. Speaking of: This year I'll have to fight my provider to cover the pens. They just removed it from their list, the #$%^!

AED is to be used with CPR. Not either or.
AED in concert with CPR might keep ya alive till ambulance arrives, no guaranty of course. Cardiologist determining condition is far down the line.

We bought one this year, We Set it out on site with our first aid and rescue gear. I work full time as a firefighter/Emt (10 days a month) the rest is in a tree. I am also a BLS instructor, so I do our annual and quarterly first aid training. It’s a piece of mind if nothing else a tool your glad you have but hope you never need. Yes compressions only CPR will help chances of survival greatly. But early “defib” can help that much more. With shock hazards being the second highest cause of fatalities in our industry it’s an insurance card worth the several hundred dollars you can get one for these days, worth having!!!!!

Latest posts

Back