Awesome Friction Reducing Product - Chainsawa and Everything Else - Energy Release

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite

MCW

Somebody's talking crap here & it ain't the tree!
I didn't have time to read this whole post but back in the 1980's there was a product out called SLICK 50 and it had the same claims as this product of discussion. I don't know if it is still out there...or maybe they changed the name to this new name. Anyway I can't afford it so maybe you can send me some samples? FullCry

I remember Slick 50! My ex girlfriend put it in her old Ford Falcon 250 6 cylinder and the rattles disappeared and never came back - right up to when it threw a rod.
Honestly though, the engine rattles did disappear within minutes of pouring some in.
Please don't flame me...

tdi-rick

tdi-rick

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oh, give it a rest! You obviously know nothing about the subject! You are just rattling your keyboard!

[snip]

But there's muffler bearings and there's muffler bearings, and IMO these are the best muffler bearings...

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?mai..._id=10&zenid=916ca925f43ad996977ed66b926d9d9c

Do you have an annoying rattling in your mufflers? Are they sagging a little? Don't quite sound right? That could be the symptoms of a worn muffler bearing. Allow me to introduce the KaleCoAuto muffler bearing! It's unique iron-graphite composite with pre-grease-packed assembly provides over 200,000 miles of smooth muffler operation! It is most likely they will outlast your mufflers. Also works well on heavy duty exhaust systems. One per muffler.

MuffBearing.jpg

and for those of that think Brads some sort of 2 stroke magician, he just fits an adjustable powerband from these guys

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=30

Wish you had a little more low end torque? Maybe you want a high revving formula1-esque screamer? KaleCoAuto's Adjustable Powerbands are the perfect solution! The power bands are made from titanium-injected rubber, with high grade 440 fasteners. Six links are included. One band is for horsepower, and the other for torque. You may use more than three links per side, but extreme caution should be taken!

powerband.jpg

and a 'pipe job' just gets a boost bar inside it to increase crankcase pressure

barofboost.jpg

Natural aspiration feel unnatural? Tired of bothering with duct-taped leaf blowers as turbos? Treat your car to a bar of boost. Most high performance turbo vehicles use one to one and a half bars. Why waste money on expensive turbo systems and fancy intercoolers? Handsomly mounted in a die-cast metal mount, the KaleCoAuto Boost Bar is a great addition to any naturally aspirated engine. Warning: Contents under pressure. (14.5psi)

Freehand

Freehand

YourPasswordIsInvalid
. AS Supporting Member.
I remember Slick 50! My ex girlfriend put it in her old Ford Falcon 250 6 cylinder and the rattles disappeared and never came back - right up to when it threw a rod.
Honestly though, the engine rattles did disappear within minutes of pouring some in.
Please don't flame me...

I've had very good luck with slick 50....no flame job here:cheers:

BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
But there's muffler bearings and there's muffler bearings, and IMO these are the best muffler bearings...

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?mai..._id=10&zenid=916ca925f43ad996977ed66b926d9d9c

and for those of that think Brads some sort of 2 stroke magician, he just fits an adjustable powerband from these guys

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=30

and a 'pipe job' just gets a boost bar inside it to increase crankcase pressure

Oooooh! Titanium injected powerbands!!! I didn't know such awesome powerbands existed! :clap:

That's some pretty cool stuff! I'm going to have to order some for my saw! AND my truck!

Anybody know if the pipe job is compatible with Brown's gas?????

ShoerFast

ShoerFast

Tree Freak
Morrison Colorado, at the base of the Rockies
I had to google that !

Anything we did that needed heat treating, etc. went out to the heat treaters. We used to make anti-rollbars etc, as well as building engines and it was all sent out.
BTW, i found a Texaco Quenchtrex A on Matweb http://www.matweb.com/search/GetMatlsByTradename.aspx?navletter=Q&tn=Quenchtex®

Thanks! :cheers:

No option or need to farm out the heat-treat here.

Sent a few emails for quotes to a few of the listed suppliers.

I have been told that Texaco's type 'A' was no longer made as it was a dinosaur anymore with the newer technologies. I hope to not give up on getting a few gallons as it keeps its additive package for years(?)

And I have tapped into 35 years worth of test results using Type 'A' , that would be hard to walk away from.