AWW SHUCKS..I went and did it....NEW 660 followed me home...Ultra eat your heart out!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Reaction score
Welp, I went and did it. I picked up a new 660 today. Don't really know how or why, must have been an impulse decision....

Went to my local Amish Stihl dealer this morning to pick up some stihl paint for my 084, a couple gaskets for an 038, and some other stuff. I have been trying to barter with them on a new 440. I said my normal quote, "you gonna donate a 660 to me yet, or sell me a 440 at cost?"

I was shocked when Rueben (amish dealer's son, who gives me great deals) didn't say a word, walked to the back and came out with a 660 with 28" bar, owners manual and pouch of tools. He set them on the counter and said, here you go. It has 2 tanks run through it. I can't give you one, but becuase this is a used saw I can give you a hell of a discount...

I thought about it for a long while. I didn't really need another 066/660, but his was a great deal indeed. He knew I was thinking about it and said "Steve, I have an almost new power cap I'll throw in on it. I know you'll buy one, so I might as well just give it to you." By power cap, he meant the Dual port cover. The stipulation was that I had to give him the stock cover. He knew I'd fall for it, and well, I'm a sap for good deals so I whipped out some cash and the checkbook.

I needed another saw like i needed a hole in my head, seriously. but the offer for the saw, with one brand new chain and the chain with 2 tanks run through it, bar scabbard, dual port muffler cover, a six pack of oil, owners manual, tool kit, etc. I couldn't pass it up.

A customer bought it on thursday to fell a large tree. He got the tree on the ground and made a few more cuts. Apparently this older gentleman knew real quick that this was a mean, heavy saw. he got everything packed up and headed back to the dealer on friday. He traded it back to the dealer for a smaller saw. The dealer wouldn't say which saw, but for the price I got it, I am thinking an 440/441.

Since Ultra made off with my 046, I just had to replace the missing stihl from my lineup and what better saw than the King?

I just find it amazing that there is a piston stop included with the tool kit. Hell a new husky doesn't even come with a carb screwdriver anymore. (new 575xp) I'm just glad I didn't make it out to the dealer yesterday, because more than likely i would have missed out.

Here is a pic or two for everyone to drool over. Look for a couple used saws for sale when I get back at the end of the month.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nicely done Doc!!!!!!! Almost makes up for that missing 046 don't it?:D I tell ya, you gotta watch the Ultra, he's a sneaky devil:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice saw you did not share the price but you seem to be happy. Congrats Freak.

I dont think Ultra will eat his heart out though. He has 066's coming out of his ying yang. He has a shop full of orange saws with one red one and a couple of green ones. LOL.

:cheers:

Must be nice to be young and have deep pockets. Boy, those were the days. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

stihlatit said:
Nice saw you did not share the price but you seem to be happy. Congrats Freak.

I dont think Ultra will eat his heart out though. He has 066's coming out of his ying yang. He has a shop full of orange saws with one red one and a couple of green ones. LOL.

:cheers:

Ok, I paid 850 out the door... Can't buy a 440 for that the last I checked...

And I also have saws of every color. Here are just a couple. Mind you, there are three more red ones, 4 more orange ones, one big green one, and 3 and a half more orange and grey ones not pictured. Ok, he wins, I only have two and a half 066s coming out of my ying yang. :laugh:

attachment.php

Fits in there quiet nice, doesn't it? lol.

Last edited:
Nice price!!! and saw. You going to leave it stock (factory dual ported muffer cover qualifies!)?

Manual - you'll get one one day... :buttkick:

Lakeside53 said:
Nice price!!! and saw. You going to leave it stock (factory dual ported muffer cover qualifies!)?

Yup, this one will stay stock, at least for a long while.

Some of the others need to go. I have too many for my needs now.

I'll keep some for the certain classes at the races that I will be in, and keep the 5100, 372, and 660 for my firewood processing and tree removals.

Plan on selling the :Larger Makita?

You need some yellow saws in that group...seriously.:hmm3grin2orange:

I could'nt help but notice some members were wishing you a happy birthday yesterday. So it looks like the 660 was a birthday present to yourself. Nice going! Ya gotta treat yourself once in a while.

Hal

Latest posts

Back