Ax-men and Theft

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be too picky but a Glock is not a single action. It is a striker fire

And is a great weapon... I fired a Glock .40 immediately after firing a cheapo Bersa .380, night and day difference.

Bursa .380??? My oldest brother had one, I thought it was crap. The Walther .380 that the Bursa is modeled after was better. But I do not own a .380, and never will. I am debating between a 10mm or a .40 caliber now. Maybe a .40 caliber Glock?

As for the Glock... yah, the Glock has a half-cocked firing pin instead of fully cocked. But they train us with those along with the Colt .45 as single action weapons. All the double action (ie., Ruger, Sig, etc.) owners go to another range for training.

Last edited:
Bursa .380??? My oldest brother had one, I thought it was crap. The Walther .380 that the Bursa is modeled after was better. But I do not own a .380, and never will. I am debating between a 10mm or a .40 caliber now. Maybe a .40 caliber Glock?

As for the Glock... yah, the Glock has a half-cocked firing pin instead of fully cocked. But they train us with those along with the Colt .45 as single action weapons. All the double action (ie., Ruger, Sig, etc.) owners go to another range for training.

Go with the .40, it is a great pistol. The 10mm is frankly too much for the weight of the gun, and your second shot will suffer a lot. Also, ammo is a little harder to come by in 10mm. My .40 was very accurate right out of the box.

have you ever shot a Kimber?? Dad has one(forget the model) But fully loaded with 14 .45 rounds it weighs less than the 1911 that its based on.
The most enjoyable semi auto pistol I have ever used!

I never liked double action semi-autos. For me its the single action Glock or the Colt .45. I love the simplicity and the design of the model 1911. It cannot be beat. I have tritium sites and lightweight trigger, and several other custom features. It shoots straight, for an automatic.

Kimber Tac II 45- 1911. Cocked and locked and barring my 629 Smith wheel gun in the 44 special- has probably been the most reliable pistol that I have carried- muck and mud( and sawdust) don't seem to slow it down at all.... I kinda like the long range idea too- Win model 70, heavy barrel comp stock, 300 win mag,1/2lb trigger job with a 4x16x50. Very comfortable at 500-700. No tolerance for thievery......

A bunch of gun nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!

We have to protect the second amendment too.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1

"An armed society is a polite society" or something like that.

Lots of well armed good guys makes for less crime in general, including thievery.

Kimber Tac II 45- 1911. Cocked and locked and barring my 629 Smith wheel gun in the 44 special- has probably been the most reliable pistol that I have carried- muck and mud( and sawdust) don't seem to slow it down at all.... I kinda like the long range idea too- Win model 70, heavy barrel comp stock, 300 win mag,1/2lb trigger job with a 4x16x50. Very comfortable at 500-700. No tolerance for thievery......

I have a crappy Taurus .44 mag, but its got the BOOM sound factor. Louder than a 12 ga. for sure; probably nothing compared to the 300 mag.

Mike Rowe narrates "Deadliest Catch", not "Ax Men".

After talking with people who are part of "Deadliest Catch", I'm willing to put money on a lot of these "dramatic scenes" being nothing more than an idea a producer has...aka scripted

Jay Browning had his saw stolen....

i think it was scripted... He is such a great businessman, I doubt after 30-some-odd years in the business he would carelessly leave his stuff lying around like that to be taken by "ATVers"

Jay Browning had his saw stolen....

i think it was scripted... He is such a great businessman, I doubt after 30-some-odd years in the business he would carelessly leave his stuff lying around like that to be taken by "ATVers"

I would say that _all_ of the 'screwup' segments were scripted. It is a TV show after all and just what is the likeliehood that a professional camera crew would just happen to be on scene with a camera pointed in just the right direction?

That that one with the 'spear through the roof'. Calculate the odds that a camera was just 'luck' to get the shot.

Not to say that the screwups don't happen, some of them fairly common but that they happen so conveniently? Not a chance.

Harry K

Guns

Go with the .40, it is a great pistol. The 10mm is frankly too much for the weight of the gun, and your second shot will suffer a lot. Also, ammo is a little harder to come by in 10mm. My .40 was very accurate right out of the box.

You Americans and your pistols! My Winchester 97 12ga. is the best deterrent around! The M1 Garand is good for making swiss cheese out of crookmobiles, too.

I have a crappy Taurus .44 mag, but its got the BOOM sound factor. Louder than a 12 ga. for sure; probably nothing compared to the 300 mag.

Whats wrong with Taurus? I have a .44 special ultra lite and so far I love it. I had an earlier Stainless version that was discontinued that I had a problem with, and Taurus replaced it with the updated version. I was satisfied with the gun, and the service.

On the subject of theft, and guns and such. You got trees, and you got rope, Shooting is much too good for a thief, and bullets cost money.

If you catch the guy in the act he's guilty. No slick talking lawyers, or appeals. No excuses on how he was an abused child and it's not his fault. A man is responsible for his own actions. Hang him where he is visible, and pin a sign on him proclaiming the crime. That should get other thieves in the area thinking before they pick up stuff.

Back