B-I-G Maple Milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I can answer that for you. 2 days ago I was working on a slab of catalpa that I have. This slab was about 3 yrs. old and 2 inches thick. I cut it with a handsaw, ripped and crosscut it with a circular saw and cleaned some of the edges and surface up with a hand plane. I found it to be a very nice wood to work, I would call it a soft hardwood. The cuts were nice and clean and I particularily liked working the hand plane over it. The grain on it was very similar to oak however not as hard. I am not a carver however I suspect that catalpa could be a nice wood for carving.

Thanks Hank,

Maybe in lieu of that you can point me to where I can find out what the funny looking multi coloured "A"s and the rows of dark green light green and orange dots below everyone's names means. Also why my A's all changed colour recently, and what 'rep' means.

Dan

Thanks Hank,

Maybe in lieu of that you can point me to where I can find out what the funny looking multi coloured "A"s and the rows of dark green light green and orange dots below everyone's names means. Also why my A's all changed colour recently, and what 'rep' means.

Dan

Rep is described here.
The more rep you have the more gold/silver/bronze A's you get.

Cheers

Thanks Hank,

Dan

Your "A's" changed color cause I rep smacked you...lol

Your "A's" changed color cause I rep smacked you...lol

OK fellas I tried to rep everyone on this thread, Hank you are still out of range...

Bob & MtnGun I have been trying to get you both filled back up cause ya'll been here longer than me...but yer both still a little ways out...Soon though, Soon.

Latest posts

Back