Back in the Bush Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Well after a dry spell I got a flyin job cutting heli pads and building drill pads.I get flown in every morning at 6:45 and flown back by 7:00 pm, so it's a long day, but I love it and the weather is great. Trees are mostly just pipe cleaners with a few 16" dbh thrown in.
The project is all about gold, prospecting and drilling. I'm the only man on a saw here and been using a punched out 362 with 20" bar and Stihl full skip which makes the trees piss their roots.
Will take some pics tomorrow and post them. It's too wet for a Ski-doo and too much snow for an ATV.
The scenery is over the top beautiful.

John

Well after a dry spell I got a flyin job cutting heli pads and building drill pads.I get flown in every morning at 6:45 and flown back by 7:00 pm, so it's a long day, but I love it and the weather is great. Trees are mostly just pipe cleaners with a few 16" dbh thrown in.
The project is all about gold, prospecting and drilling. I'm the only man on a saw here and been using a punched out 362 with 20" bar and Stihl full skip which makes the trees piss their roots.
Will take some pics tomorrow and post them. It's too wet for a Ski-doo and too much snow for an ATV.
The scenery is over the top beautiful.

John

Where are you at D Bay or Dawson City area?

Hi John, glad to hear ur doing well. Good weather is always a plus. Its been nothing but rain down here. I've been soaking wet for weeks waiting by the mailbox for my ms460 artic and my blown up 372. The tracking number u sent ended up being a phone number to a brothel in Indonesia....weird :dunno:

Last edited:
We're at the south end of Atlin Lake. Was near Dawson though last week in Mayo loading and unloading skyvans and twin otters, mostly fuel and mining equipment.
John

What is/are skyvans and twin otters ??

We're at the south end of Atlin Lake. Was near Dawson though last week in Mayo loading and unloading skyvans and twin otters, mostly fuel and mining equipment.
John

Spent quite a bit of time up there. I like Atlin too it's neat ground. I met my wife North of Haines Junction while she was studying squirrels for the U of A. I was drilling and blasting for road base between HJ and Destruction Bay on the Alaska HWY. Those pine have branches all the way to the dirt! Hairy bastards. Play safe and remember you are in the last frontier enjoy it.

Hi John, glad to hear ur doing well. Good weather is always a plus. Its been nothing but rain down here. I've been soaking wet for weeks waiting by the mailbox for my ms460 artic and my blown up 372. The tracking number u sent ended up being a phone number to a brothel in Indonesia....weird :dunno:

Wiggs, saw my first mosquitos today, snow not rotting fast enough. This job is really cool. Got a big raise today, I guess they like me. It's about as wild here as it gets. Bears are coming out. I need to post pics, but my perputer is so different since I got it restored.I"m one drill pad ahead and have 6 more to go, It's very primitive here, but I got the saw. Big gold rush here and no shortage of work.
Sounds like I'll be **** faced drunk on the 30th it's my BD.
Keep your chain sharp and out of the rocks!
Pal, John

Wiggs, saw my first mosquitos today, snow not rotting fast enough. This job is really cool. Got a big raise today, I guess they like me. It's about as wild here as it gets. Bears are coming out. I need to post pics, but my perputer is so different since I got it restored.I"m one drill pad ahead and have 6 more to go, It's very primitive here, but I got the saw. Big gold rush here and no shortage of work.
Sounds like I'll be **** faced drunk on the 30th it's my BD.
Keep your chain sharp and out of the rocks!
Pal, John

Haha, and in the boreal forests, when you see the first mosquito, you're going to see a billion of them after two weeks.

A Siberian native people called Samoyeds have a good explanation about the origins of the mosquitos:

Once upon a time there was a cannibal giant terrorizing the Samoyeds. He was an ugly person: Wondered in the villages eating people and was a persistent bogger too: The Samoyeds managed to kill the cannibal, but he rose from the grave and started chewing again. The Samoyeds tried everything. They buried the cannibal under the rocks, chopped him into the pieces, sunk him into the a deep lake. Nothing worked, he kept coming back.

Finally the Samoyeds killed the cannibal again and burned the corps to the ashes. They sprinkled the ashes to the swamps and hoped the best. But, holy smoke, the ashes rose from the swamps and started eating...

Happy Birthday, John. Remember, sleeping with the shoes on causes headache.

Sam

Beautiful country.
Spent a day in Mayo watching the crazy people load seaplanes until the floats were darn near underwater, then watching them take off!!!
Never thought you could get that much stuff in a beaver!!!! Visited Elsa, Keno Hill to.
You can have the bugs!!!
Have fun work safe!!!

Last edited:
Beautiful country.
Spent a day in Mayo watching the crazy people load seaplanes until the floats were darn near underwater, then watching them take off!!!
Never thought you could get that much stuff in a beaver!!!! Visited Elsa, Keno Hill to.
You can have the bugs!!!
Have fun work safe!!!

No kidding it's amazing what you can stuff in a Beaver! you Know what I mean.

Holy ****, I think I got the best job in the world! I'm cutting an ATV trail 10K to a remote lake, Edgar Lake in fact 30 air miles from Alaska in B.C. I basicly found out who I was being sold to and went to them without burning any bridges. It's a camp job and the drillers have gone so I'll be in there 24/7 so I'm looking for a girl to just do basic camp chores in a very remote camp as a safety lady at 375.00 per day.
When we flew out yesterday we saw a big blonde grizzy with a moose only 50 yards away. The grizzly eating roots and the moose eating buds.
There's no computer in camp, just radios and sat phone. But I'll see about getting one.
John

It's a camp job and the drillers have gone so I'll be in there 24/7 so I'm looking for a girl to just do basic camp chores in a very remote camp as a safety lady at 375.00 per day.

Is that in peso's or Yen John?

Glad to hear your enjoying yourself. :cheers: U wearing that skull bucket?

At 375 a day I'd consider wearing lipstick but that's where I'd draw the line !

Haha, up here we describe that kind of camp personnel by a concept which could be translated as the "dik lady".

With those rates I'm confident John will find a real deal.

John - you think you have the best job in the world? Bullchit. You know you have.

Sam

Last edited:
Back