Bad buy or good buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say that is an average deal, but who wants a 6 cylinder with an automatic? Nobody, but chicks and people that don't care about performance.
Yeah, would have liked a v8, but that would have doubled the price. :) Besides, v6 has acceptable performance in a small car like that and a heck of a lot better fuel mileage.
:cheers:

don't nock the v6's in thease cars. my friend has a 98 firebird with the same setup. he put about 3000 in the engine and put a new exhaust on it, and it will blow by a v8 firebird of the same year.

and to answer your question, you didn't get ripped off. you didnt get a steal, but hey. fix the a.c., pull that dent, nice billet gas cap, and it would probably sell for quite a bit more, maybe close to 2500-3000. buff down the paint and a new clearcoat, even more. seatcovers couldn't hurt either.

by the way, my friend is looking for a camaro. i think he is looking for the 98 type body style, but he might be interested one like this, it isn't much different. if you decide to sell it, pm me and i will let him know.

by the way, my friend is looking for a camaro. i think he is looking for the 98 type body style, but he might be interested one like this, it isn't much different. if you decide to sell it, pm me and i will let him know.

Will do. Actually, I've never owned or even driven a sports car before, so this will my my first experience with this segment. Don't know if I'll like it or not.

Will do. Actually, I've never owned or even driven a sports car before, so this will my my first experience with this segment. Don't know if I'll like it or not.

Hope you like rolling in and out of them...They sit to low to the ground for me...Good luck w/ which ever way you go...

i was in the car with the v8, it was on the floor. keep in mind it was stock and the v6 was a built motor

Well that's something different.The 3.4 is a powerhouse and stronger the the V8's of the 80's. MSN auto shows it at 160HP but I thenk that is rated to low.I had a 3.4 in my '95 Olds cutlass supreme.Not sure that ists the same motor but mine put out over 200Hp
The V8 has about 275Hp

Last edited:
Drove it home today. I think I did ok, but it does have a few quirks. Got 27 miles per gallon doing 75 on the interstate. Power was acceptable, but not spectacular--exactly what I was expecting. The car looked better in person than it did in the pictures. Motor is very clean and nothing is out of place.

The air conditioning not working seems to possibly be a problem with the vacuum control. It blows cold air, but will only blow through the defroster. I'm guessing I've got a vacuum line loose somewhere in the dash. Short 2" connecting piece of heater hose is leaking on the side of the water pump--a 10 minute job to fix. Driver's side low beam head light is out.

Overall, I don't think it was a bad deal for $1,125.

That thing will handle like its on rails. Looks like a good resale candidiate, the v6 is sure to please somebody.

Last edited:
I used to have a 1995 Trans am with an LT1 and got 26-28 mpg on the highway. I always got the same mileage as my buddies 3.4L camaro but with 2-3x the power.

They are good cars, but aren't fun to work on.

that v6 couldn't please itself even with a tube of ky and a box of tissues.

Oh give me a break. Car has plenty of power. I was doing 90 at one point coming home before I even realized it and without trying. That kind of car is more about handling than straight line acceleration anyway in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back