Bad day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric, would you care to share with us what happened that caused the tree to fall on the house? Did you use a pull rope? Where was the weight going?

matt,
this pic and post kind of answers your question "when do you draw the line" .

don't you know when your getting your chain yanked.
look at the date in the pic......

Pictures like that make my insurance agent pretty good-looking. Eric, please tell us that's just a pic you found and not really your boo-boo. :eek:

Yup, that's the guy- we look alike and both have granite for brains... I wonder if he could be my daddy :D

Ken, I just looked and saw 2003, I guess the rest just got synthesized in my mind to be today's date :(

First I have to ask is this for real. If so why didn't you climb it? Maybe it would have taken more time, but you would have saved money in the long run. Sorry for your loss.:eek:

If you look close a the first pic, you can tell that it is storm damage probably from a tornado. Look at the uprooted stump. all the tree in the back ground seem to be messed up a little to.

Mike

im sure i probably need glasses at my advanced age. but im sure i see a saw cut in that pic. very little if any notch but definately not uprooted i figured some one with a house demolitition just having some fun or just someone like my significant other half manipulating pictures still interesting to say the least

i sent dave an e mail about it this morning , this site has some good pic's. i was climbing in that area this winter. there was one spot where some big boulders broke off the face, you should see the path of tree's it wiped out as they rolled down the hill. http://www.oldmanofthemountain.com/

I think that the Old Man on the Mountain was a very tourist attraction here in NH plus it had alot to do with the state considering it's on all of our license plates our state quarter etc..I personally think that it's a terrible thing that happened and they're already talking about ways to rebuild it..Hopefully something will happen.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back