Ban Outdoor Wood Boilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.
here you will find all your answers to some of the hardest questions.
there are many people here from diy guys to experts .
ask away

(ban outdoor boilers) google is great

ban on out door wood burners

hello...why would want to ban these stoves...I have a central boiler and love it.

hello...why would want to ban these stoves...I have a central boiler and love it.

Most of the arguments stem from oversized boilers being underutilized, causing them to smoulder and make smoke, thus polluting the local air quality and pissing off the neighbours.

Properly sized (most current models are too large for most houses), and thus burning efficiently, they are not an issue.

The other argument is current models aren't EPA emissions certified, and that relates back to smoking out the neighbours when used incorrectly.

sorry if you got this wrong i in no way want to ban them .
I only posted this to see if it would make googles top 10
I love my boiler.
eats alot of wood but still better than a gas bill!!

if they are operated correctly they smoke very little.

this crap with banning everything because of a few reckless a$$holes is getting out of control.all of you who want to be PC police need to move to canada or france.this is AMERICA and we want it back!take your welfare and gangbangers with you.

this crap with banning everything because of a few reckless a$$holes is getting out of control.all of you who want to be PC police need to move to canada or france.this is AMERICA and we want it back!take your welfare and gangbangers with you.

NICE post hornett22!

Not this again...

We have had too many discussions on this theme here in the past... way too many. See them for my views.

Stirring up the shyte are we?

I don't think Bassman is trying to stir things up. If you read the " outdoor boiler disaster" post you will understand why he posted this. :laugh:

You can send them all to France, we don't want or need them here in Canada. We have too many already that we need to get rid of.:bang:

Like KTM said I am just seeing if I gan get this on googles top results like the disaster post.
again...I have a boiler and all i want to ban is my dog pooping on my carpet .
shayne

In the last month they have banned outside wood furnaces in 3 towns and they said in the paper there aren t any there yet anyway. They spewed all kinds of Al Gorish figures. Also mentioned entire city of Denver Col. has ban. Hope they don t go after my bsment unit. They will have to pry my ash shaker handle out of my cold dead fingers.

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC clowns,do not move to Canada! they do not want you there either! France is waiting with open.............

Timberpig,you sound ok for a canuk.you need to get your country back as well.good luck!

future shakey

I can believe that the epa. will get enough complaints to look into outdoor furnaces/boilers. 2 years ago in Quebec we had a winter smog advisory. cold air up high was pushing down on all the emissions they say mostly from woodstoves. They cracked down the following year and all new stoves now have to have an effiancy rating and an emmissins rating. I just completed a new house for myself. I feared the future of outdoor heaters until I discoverd a unit form TarmU.S.A. (www.woodboilers.com) I can heat my home and domestic hot water for 24 hrs. on 2 armloads of dry 20in. hardwood. there is very little emissions because you burn the boiler wide open, and the excess heat is stored in a 680 gallon water tank in my basement. After the fire goes out the pumps take the heated water from the tank and circulate it through the floor . I only need to monitor tank temp. to see when I need another firing. very sweet system

reply to Burlman

Burlman, I took a brief look at the web site you mentioned and if I am seeing this right your boiler burns the wood at refractory temperatures very quickly and then stores the excess heat in a large tank. This is similar to the European masonry type wood heaters except it solves the issue of not being able to deal with quickly changing outside temperatures. Burning at these super high temps solves the pollution issue almost 100%. I need to spend a bit more time on this but I think this has a lot of advantages.

Couple of questions. How hard is it to get the fire going again. Can you explain the starting procedure? How long have you had yours. I would think any material that can stand refractory temperatures would not like the change in temperature from low temp to high temp very much. Is this system durable? Also what range of temps do you run in the large tank?

You may have found the holy grail of wood burning.

Ban outdoor wood boilers? While we are at it we should just ban wood heat altogether, right?:D

And a search on "ban outdoor boilers" turned up this article.

http://bangordailynews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=139156&zoneid=12

They said they have one guy in town with a wood boiler! One! Wouldn't want to see if modifications could be made to this guys chimney, just ban them, right?

AMEN to that

Latest posts

Back