band blade sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Cutters Choice has a band saw blade sharpener adapted to a mini Jolly chainsaw sharpener. Does any one have any information about the system?:monkey:

Well I went and looked but couldn't find it. If its anything like mine though its a pain in the but. You have to keep the stone perfectly dressed to match the gullet. if you don't it tends to break the bands. Mine is based on a standard chainswa grinder. don't remember the exact model since i havent even looked at it in months. I do believe it was made in Italy.

I went with woodmizer blades and use the resharp program. 10 blades cost me $65 and $8.50 in freight. that works out to $7.35 per blade and they come back just as good as a new one. I would rather be sawing logs, working in the garden or in the woods than sharpening blades.

Robert Mickley said:
Well I went and looked but couldn't find it. If its anything like mine though its a pain in the but. You have to keep the stone perfectly dressed to match the gullet. if you don't it tends to break the bands. Mine is based on a standard chainswa grinder. don't remember the exact model since i havent even looked at it in months. I do believe it was made in Italy.

I went with woodmizer blades and use the resharp program. 10 blades cost me $65 and $8.50 in freight. that works out to $7.35 per blade and they come back just as good as a new one. I would rather be sawing logs, working in the garden or in the woods than sharpening blades.

Cutters choice sent a sales flyer and the set up is on the first page. I thank you for information. I am leary of it because it is a chainsaw sharpener adapted for band blades. You are right about sawing instead of sharpening, I sometimes have to keep another guy busy in order to keep him when I need him in the timber is the reason I was looking:monkey:

Latest posts

Back