Bandit 1290?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankg

Reaction score
Happy Easter! I recently bought a 3.5 acre treed parcel in SE Michigan and have started acquiring the tools necessary to clear a spot on the lot for a house. This chipper went up for sale yesterday and I bought it. Knowing nothing about chippers, I'm trying to figure out if I bought what it says I bought. The decals on this say it is a Model 1290 Bandit. Is there somewhere on this machine (other than decals which someone could buy and put on here) where I could confirm what I have. I paid $1,500. The guy said it has a 4 cylinder Ford motor in it and can chip a 6" branch. Any help you all can provide to help me understand what I have, what it's capabilities are and whether or not I got a good price would be greatly appreciated. Understanding that I did this a little backwards (i.e., bought it and now I'm asking questions), I was looking for a light commercial chipper and hadn't seen one for less than $3,500. I'm hoping this is not a "too good to be true" scenario. With that said, to rent a slightly larger chipper in my area costs about $350/day, so I don't think I can go wrong on this. I appreciate any/all information. If someone could point me in the direction of a user/owner's manual so I can do the proper maintenance on it as well...Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8922.jpeg
    IMG_8922.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Happy Easter! I recently bought a 3.5 acre treed parcel in SE Michigan and have started acquiring the tools necessary to clear a spot on the lot for a house. This chipper went up for sale yesterday and I bought it. Knowing nothing about chippers, I'm trying to figure out if I bought what it says I bought. The decals on this say it is a Model 1290 Bandit. Is there somewhere on this machine (other than decals which someone could buy and put on here) where I could confirm what I have. I paid $1,500. The guy said it has a 4 cylinder Ford motor in it and can chip a 6" branch. Any help you all can provide to help me understand what I have, what it's capabilities are and whether or not I got a good price would be greatly appreciated. Understanding that I did this a little backwards (i.e., bought it and now I'm asking questions), I was looking for a light commercial chipper and hadn't seen one for less than $3,500. I'm hoping this is not a "too good to be true" scenario. With that said, to rent a slightly larger chipper in my area costs about $350/day, so I don't think I can go wrong on this. I appreciate any/all information. If someone could point me in the direction of a user/owner's manual so I can do the proper maintenance on it as well...Thanks!
There should be a serial number on the tongue near the tow hook. Call Bandit industries with that number, hopefully they are open IDK with all that's going on.

There should be a serial number on the tongue near the tow hook. Call Bandit industries with that number, hopefully they are open IDK with all that's going on.
Would it be something like this: NC-416

Attachments

• E35D3FB3-F525-4360-ABE0-16E66C95E7F7.jpeg
    E35D3FB3-F525-4360-ABE0-16E66C95E7F7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Back