Bandit 2450 VS Rayco RG 50?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loghogbaby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Bandit 2450, with the 44.2 HP Kubota with belts, shafts and bearings or a Rayco RG 50 with the 49 HP Perkins with hydrostatic driven wheel. Both have less that 300 hours and are used in great condition. Need some feed back from some guys out there who have these machines or may have used one of these. Trying to figure out which to get. Neither are close for a demo so that's out of the question. Thanks for the input.

I am looking at getting a Bandit 2450, with the 44.2 HP Kubota with belts, shafts and bearings or a Rayco RG 50 with the 49 HP Perkins with hydrostatic driven wheel. Both have less that 300 hours and are used in great condition. Need some feed back from some guys out there who have these machines or may have used one of these. Trying to figure out which to get. Neither are close for a demo so that's out of the question. Thanks for the input.[/QUOTE
I have a Rayco RG super 50 66 Hp duets diesel 4x4 push blade.... AWESOME green teeth 1100 series and Im convince theres nothing better. I can take off the duelly wheels and get through a 36" gate and grind grind grind!! I dont know anything about the bandit grinder. Having a good contact for parts service is good to think about too. In the end its just a stump right. I used to have it with the vermeer 30 hp tow behind. Now with the self driving off the trailer and goes anywhere to grind , I love grinding. It' s still amazing to me how fast they dis apear. good luch in your search.

i have a 2450 with wireless remote and green teeth an i love it iv only put 25 hr on the machine but have ground 100+ stumps some small so big in that time. the pros of this machine are it fits almost anywhere has good power for its size and because of having the motor mounted on on the cutting wheel it keeps weight on the wheel witch keeps the machine from bouncing around. The only thing that id call a con so far is there is not a lot of room for chips because the wheel motors are huge i find my self backing away from big stumps rakeing the grindings away then back to stump grinding so it can be a work out but most times my bobcat handles that so no biggie for me. i have not run a rayco rg 50 but i demoed a bandit 2890 i think it was 78hp hyrdo driven wheel and that machine moved around a lot when grinding hard wood the grinder got jumpy i felt this was from not haveing weight on the head just a piston with bad Mechanical advantage trying to keep the wheel in the stump. If i can figure out how to edit video i will post some of my grinder but i can make any promise on that one.

I am looking at getting a Bandit 2450, with the 44.2 HP Kubota with belts, shafts and bearings or a Rayco RG 50 with the 49 HP Perkins with hydrostatic driven wheel. Both have less that 300 hours and are used in great condition. Need some feed back from some guys out there who have these machines or may have used one of these. Trying to figure out which to get. Neither are close for a demo so that's out of the question. Thanks for the input.

As u know i had a 2150 and traded it for a 2550, luv it, i think the 2450 is the same as the 2150 with a diesel instead of gas engine, my dealer was a rayco dealer and switched to bandit a couple of years ago, i have not run a rg50 but have seen a lot of them in his shop, i don't know how close u are to a dealer, but that is important at least to me....

The rg50 looks like a very heavy machine, might be a problem in high end yards, won't be a problem with the 2450, it shouldn't be any heavier than my 2550 and u can't even tell its been in a yard, the kubota diesel is a good motor, have had quite a few of them on tractors i have owned never any problem at all with them, don't know about the perkins, my dealer says parts for a rayco are much more than a bandit, he should know as he was a rayco dealer for a long time..

So taking everything into consideration, if prices were the same i would lean toward the bandit, only a 5hp diff in the two diesels, but i don't think u could go wrong either way, kinda hard to make a decision when u can't see or demo the machines, both are low hr machines, the rayco might have a slight edge in grinding ability, depends on teeth, belts are easy to adj on the bandit don't know about the rayco...

Hope u get some more input from members,,,,good luck...

Bob.....:cheers:

My guess is the actual cutting speed would be about the same or even a slight edge to the bandit. You do loose some power with hydraulic drive. I have a 100 hp rayco RG100 hydraulic and a 80 hp carlton 8018. The cutting speed is pretty much the same,(rayco might bee very slightly faster) becuase of what the rayco looses in hydraulic drive. Are you sure the rayco has a perkins and not a deutz?

Back