Bandit 250XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streyken

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My friend recently had one his older chippers stolen. It was taken from his house in Langley, BC. It was painted white, had a hydraulic lift for the top roller and it had angle bar welded between the engine and the hitch for a grinder to sit on. It's a long shot, but worth a try, probably already in pieces.

Thanks CompleteLori, but luckily this was his backup machine. I don't know what he's doing about a replacement yet. Someone went to some trouble stealing this machine. It was on the side of the house behind other machinery. His driveway alone is 40 or 50 meters long, so this wasn't a quick hitch and go.

the machine is probably in another town might have been painted over or might not have been yet . if it was mine id be checking any bandit chipper i see. im sure who ever has it will have to get parts for it and call bandit will have to give a serial number they might be able to cAll him if someone uses that number. hope he gets it back.

If the machine is in BC it will turn up, too many guys we know work all over the province, and in general tree guys are a nosy bunch (What ya working on? Any new equipment? Cool, what's that?) I pull over all the time to talk with other tree crews I've never seen before - and I know I'm not alone in that. Just look at this board; how many other trades discuss safer and more efficient ways of doing their job?

I think he just spent close to 20K on a new engine for his main machine and the police said it's rare to find one intact. He seems to think it's gone to parts. Another province perhaps? Someone's gonna see it, after all Canada only has one road, and after driving in the States, I see where South Park draws that fairly accurate picture.

we have roads? where is this road? would sure beat riding the sled to work every day! :yoyo:

we have roads? where is this road? would sure beat riding the sled to work every day! :yoyo:

Have you driven any of the main routes in the States? The roads are increadible! Hell, even Mexico has a better highway system than we do here in the west, can't speak of eastern Canada with any experience. But the roads out here have been a bad joke for a long time and getting worse. We may end up with a nice road to Whistler though. :D

Have you driven any of the main routes in the States? The roads are increadible! Hell, even Mexico has a better highway system than we do here in the west, can't speak of eastern Canada with any experience. But the roads out here have been a bad joke for a long time and getting worse. We may end up with a nice road to Whistler though. :D

Hey, watch it. My father built some of those roads.

'Course, that was a looong time ago!

can't speak of eastern Canada with any experience. But the roads out here have been a bad joke for a long time and getting worse. We may end up with a nice road to Whistler though. :D

What I loved about the trans-Canada, up in New Brunswick, was that there are houses beside it. So, you have to leave your driveway at 100 km/ hr, or 60 for us 'mercans, to get into traffic... not that there was much :biggrinbounce2:

I'll see if I can hold of them over the next couple of days. He replaced his machine with a Carlton. He was going to get another Bandit, but then that whole Worksafe bottom bar thing came up and he was unable to buy one in a workable time frame. I forget what he said insurance gave him, but it was very low for a decent machine, 10K maybe?

Back