Bandit chipper knives: best value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Where do you buy yours?

I used to buy all my knives from Zenith, but Bandit seems to have changed that deal. I can buy from the local dealer. . . :msp_w00t: $$$ They seem to want too much.

Wesspur has a good price, but I don't know about the quality. Knives from Baileys must be gold plated; they are more expensive than the dealer.

Your comments are welcome, particularly if they lead me to some good knives at reduced expense.

The last time I bought any was back in 2009 directly from Nancy at Simmonds, in Quebec.
nlaflamme@simondsint dot com
Still using them, and they have far outlasted my Zenith ones for some reason. :msp_wink:

Forgot to mention that my Bandit dealer at that time was also sourcing them from Simmonds and jacking the price up considerably.
Simmonds price for a 7.218" X 3" X 1/2" knife was $33.95 (2009).

Thanks for the reference, but my previous comment was about Simmonds.

I suppose you like the knives from American Arborist? Their online listing does not exactly tell you who made them, nor what qualities they might have. I expect at least a little effort to sell the product, and they only tell you what size the blades are.

Bandit always used Simmonds untill they partnered with Zenith in 2011 or 2012.

Now they switched over to only Zenith.

Try the vermeer dealer. I buy them for my Bandit chipper at a decent price.

Tennesee saw and knife also has decent pricing. Never dealt with them though.

Back