Bang for the Buck??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins8

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have been looking for a good general purpose saw for the home that should last for a while. I would love to have an unlimited Budget and get the Stihl MS 360. I have read many post on this site and I believe this Makita is hard to beat for the money.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20538&item=4362542106&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Will the saw idle nicely and be fairly hassle free to start??
The last thing I want is to get a saw that has carburator problems all the time.
It looks like a quality saw and like I said the price is right!
If any one knows of a better deal please let me know. I would love to have a little more power but this should work OK.

Rob

I bought a Dolmar 7900. It's a great saw for the money. A husky 372 is a good saw for the money too.

I guess what I should have said, for $300 this is a about the best saw you can buy?

Yes, that is probably on of the best $300 saws around. You might also look at the Echo CS-510 or CS-520. They would be right in the hunt to. Also check out the Husqvarna 350 or 353. A lot depends on whether you want to buy online, or if you would rather buy from a local dealer.

That Makita is a good deal. I would also look at those Husky's. All are good saws you are looking at and whatever choice you make, you should be plenty happy. The MS360 has a bit more cc size and HP, but also costs a BIT more. What in the way of saw dealers do you have local to you?

Back