bar and chain oil??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coveredinsap said:
Thanks but no thanks, I'll stick to the 100% vegetable oil.

I maybe just a little too old-skool, an inferred temp test of running bars and nose-sprockets would be interesting. Sharpness of chain would have a little effect, but nothing like inadequate lube.

For fire-mitagation cutting, I'll try to work the extra cost of "Biodegradable" into the price,,,,,,,,, Yuppies are fickle!

manual said:
:deadhorse:
Maybe you should go to a fast food joint and get there old greese.

Next sap will tell us that he filters used oil from Mcdonalds with coffee filter's after he heats it...LOL Or scotch brite pads for filtering it....

04ultra said:
Next sap will tell us that he filters used oil from Mcdonalds with coffee filter's after he heats it...LOL Or scotch brite pads for filtering it....
LoL. I'll bet Scotch Brite Pads. That way the greese left in the pads acts as a dust catching agent when he uses them for a air filter.

manual said:
LoL. I'll bet Scotch Brite Pads. That way the greese left in the pads acts as a dust catching agent when he uses them for a air filter.

Oh my...that is way to funny. I am in need of a new keyboard cuz this one is wearing my morning coffee.

I do know of the sticky gunk vege oil leaves behind and as our saws aren't being used daily anymore I won't be trying that!! Even tho since eldest daughter works at McD's I am thinking the free oil isn't enough of a benefits....except maybe to throw on a pile of wood and burn in the outside boiler.

Saw starts out ggod and sharp as hubby won't use a dull saw...you guys know how hard it is to cut with a dull saw but since the oil hasn't been sticking it doesn't stay sharp long, much to his annoyance!! and then out course mine!!

Of course he is griping about the cost of a good bar and chain oil...cheap 'turd that he is (did I say that out loud:greenchainsaw: ) But I will bring him around...esp if I just go get some Stihl oil for him to try.

Thanks for all the advice and the good laugh this AM!!

Hubby's probably like me. Just get the Stihl or Echo or equivalent and after he uses it one single time he'll be a convert and not only that it will have been his idea to use it all along and he'll be advising his buddies to use it as well and telling them it is really worth the small extra cost and why. Just ask my wife about this type of attitude adjustment....

Steve...if you are anything like my guy...getting you to try something new is really rough...but when we women get you converted...hey look out world...we the best women in the world!!

Thanks for all you input guys...I will be heading to town tomorrow and will look up the Stihl stuff at the dealer.

I have had good luck with Essance bar oil my Stihl dealer was getting in 55 gallon drums. When I was getting Poulan oil from my distributor it was pretty good stuff I thaught, maybe the stuff that goes through Walmart is not the same. Never really had bar oil quality issues, I run my oilers wide open so enough of it gets to the chain. Some saws I have seen do better with something a little thinner if their oiler is not adjustable.

Latest posts

Back