bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anybody buying oil by the bulk drum, if so where how much and pros and cons, comments questions and rude remarks welcomed j

Although at first i liked using veggie oil, because it was cheaper, i'm seriously considering a 55 gallon drum of reg abr oil, its works out pretty cheap in the long run. As much as i like veggie oil or veggie oil/bar oil hybrids, canola oil up here has gone up to $80 CDN recently for 5 gallons - WAY WAY WAYout of reach of my meager budget, considering how much i use weekly (2 - 4 gallons).

I can get bar oil by the drum for around $100 - $140 CDN, i'm not going to bother with veggie oil any more unless im cutting near a creek, pond or garden.(rare)

sorry, i was a veggie convert, but not at the prices its shot up to here in BC.

Last edited:
Got a drum this summer from my oil dealer. If I remember right it was about $3.50/gallon. I probably wouldn't have done it, but I also sell it at my shop, so I can justify having that much oil sitting around. I like it better than having to go buy jugs all the time. I just keep a two gallon gas can, and make sure there is enough in it before I go cut.

Lucky

????e, You guys have it good. Everywhere around here, bar oil is like $8+/gallon. Whether it's winter grade or summer, it's always high. The stihl shops are the same as well as husky. I use a red colored winter grade oil year round as the summer stuff is just too thick for the temps here.

Back