Bar Stud Swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you guys running small husky mount saws have come up with a bar stud that you can swap out and run large husky mount bars? I ask this because I would like to standardize things. I have thought about removing my bar studs and building them up with weld, then machining them down to 9mm. NO, I don't own a husky saw - but my Dolmar, Olympyk and Redmax all take the same bar mount and I can never seem to find a good deal on the small mount bars.

Interesting that you brought this subject up. I was just 10 minutes ago wondering the same thing except for large mount husky and large mount stihl.

"One stud to rule them all, one stud to mount them, one stud to run them all, and in the forest _____ them."
-- unfinished poem by Sauron the Ent whacker, Proprietor of Mordor's small engine repair shop. Later changed professions to evil sorcerer and used the same poem altered for some rings he was piddling around with. --Wiki

Ian

I don't think the bar adjuster and the oiler will line up if you put a big bar on where a small one came off. That is if your thinking about what i am, if not, NEVERMIND.

Interesting that you brought this subject up. I was just 10 minutes ago wondering the same thing except for large mount husky and large mount stihl.

"One stud to rule them all, one stud to mount them, one stud to run them all, and in the forest _____ them."
-- unfinished poem by Sauron the Ent whacker, Proprietor of Mordor's small engine repair shop. Later changed professions to evil sorcerer and used the same poem altered for some rings he was piddling around with. --Wiki

Ian

Great post!!!! that was worth another Blingy bling!!!!!! from tha River man!!!!!:cheers:

Ian
Ah the poetic qualities of Bourbon. I tip my hat.

Back