Barn finds!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leo58

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ask an older gentleman if he had any old saws he might sell.Went into his barn and all I saw were a few old dissambled junkers. I said not exactly what I had in mind. He smiled as he opened an old chest type freezer and said I ran these out of fuel last fall and sharpened them and cleaned them up.Pulled out the MAC 250 and the homelite. Then he said over in the other barn i have two ready to be put back together. Another 250 and a 1-43. After very short negotiations i paid him and loaded up and started to leave .Then he said that i had missed a saw hanging in the first barn and i could have it if i wanted it.Brought out the mac-15. He said it ran when he hung it up there couple years ago. Fuel was ran out also. Sorry for such a long story but i wanted to share this where CAD is fully understood. None are for sale.

Ask an older gentleman if he had any old saws he might sell.Went into his barn and all I saw were a few old dissambled junkers. I said not exactly what I had in mind. He smiled as he opened an old chest type freezer and said I ran these out of fuel last fall and sharpened them and cleaned them up.Pulled out the MAC 250 and the homelite. Then he said over in the other barn i have two ready to be put back together. Another 250 and a 1-43. After very short negotiations i paid him and loaded up and started to leave .Then he said that i had missed a saw hanging in the first barn and i could have it if i wanted it.Brought out the mac-15. He said it ran when he hung it up there couple years ago. Fuel was ran out also. Sorry for such a long story but i wanted to share this where CAD is fully understood. None are for sale.

I dont know you but,,, Has anyone said that you really suck lately????? Just Kidding:laugh::cool2: those are sweet!!!! amd I dont blame you for making that crystal clear up front,,, your inbox would have been overflowing!!!

That looks like a Pretty good Haul.I'll take Pictures of my New Macs just as soon as my brother delivers them next week.I sure am anxious to see them.1-10 7-10 and a super 35.:msp_thumbup:I bought 2 more before those a stihl 028 WB and a Mini Mac 35. Damn CAD.:laugh:

Sure looks like a YOU SUCK kinda day to me!

not a bad looking 250 either.

Makes me respect and admire someone who took that much pride in their equipment knowing they probably would never use them again. Has caused me to take a new look at keeping better order of my things.

Makes me respect and admire someone who took that much pride in their equipment knowing they probably would never use them again. Has caused me to take a new look at keeping better order of my things.

And not a ton of folks out there like him, and Im sure its getting worse. Nice grab(s).

There are lots of barns in the USA and lots of these barns have chainsaws in them. (and a few model A's lol) So seeing a steady stream of "barn finds" keeps those of us who never score continually hopeful.

Nice find. Can't provide a "you suck" since we don't know how much you paid. But I suspect you suck.

Latest posts

Back