Bars with exposed roller on tip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Where can I get these? and what is their purpose besides looking ?????in?

I believe the roller tip bars are preferable on hot-saws etc, but nobody makes them anymore, as far as I know.

My 621 originally had one, but that one is long gone - a friend of mine still has one on a Partner 117, but it is worne.....

I worked on an Old Remington that had one, and man I liked it.

Wish I could find a manufacturer.

Good luck, there are still a few running around. Just remember, if it is something that a r @ c e s@w guy uses, you are going to pay through the nose (no pun intended) to get it. A roller nose has less friction than a sprocket nose but the really cool part is you can run whatever pitch chain you want as long as you have the correct gauge. 1/2x.063 3/8X.063 .404x.063 or whatever

I've got a couple.One is an original on a Mac super 44 A.One I cut down to make a racer for an 11 tooth and one hanging on a nail.

I have the GB rollernose on a couple of my Sachs Dolmar 166's

Scott

Scott, is that a true roller? The ones Iv seen are not,it be worth getting a long bar and cut it down if its a true roller, Id probly have to do that anyway to fit a larger sprocket.

yea thats it - stihl 440 and a mac 125 or 2

Latest posts

Back