Battery powered chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a little Remington cordless saw for fence building,its light and easy to handle.I only use it for cuttin boards.I can cut about 50 1x6 s on a charge if its warm outside.Its actually decently fast for a saw its size.

I've got some rechargeable tools which work OK for a short duration, but when I need to do a lot of work, I bring out the plug-in models.

I can't imagine a chainsaw that would last very long with a rechargeable battery and yet still be lightweight?

I would think an electric chainsaw plus a small generator would be better. Then after that a gas model.

I used a Remingtion electric polesaw (electric chainsaw on a stick) to trim all the lower limbs (under six feet off the ground) on 60 or so hedge trees on my place using a very small 700 watt Nissan generator. Worked fine!

Ive seen the B&D one and read some of its reviews, it's not total crap and it does it's intended purpose. It's not meant for firewood or serious cutting, as it is no MS361 or 372xp, but could be useful for construction, trimming bushes or maybe even climbing. The biggest plus about it is the 18v batteries are cheap and interchange with a lot of other tools, but I still wouldn't pay $100 for one new.

Back