BBBRRRRRRRRR, post up your low temp this am and your whereabouts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-18 in Southern VT near Stratton, little but of wind, but…

does wind chill matter any more when it's -18º outside??

Its -11 with a -27 wind chill here this morning. Schools are all closed again today. Good day just too sit in the house and "spend time" with mama.

This morning, 1/8/15, at 7:00 AM, it is 8 degrees here in North Alabama.
Thank the Lord there is no wind.

This is cold for Alabana!

David

Wow, it warmed up to 0 F. That's been a decrease of 40 degrees of frost. I even can open a window now and go outside in just long underwear to do basic chores such as splitting firewood.

7 outside but 50 in the wellhouse the start capacator for the pump picked today to leak , no water for her shower at 6.nice to have extra just plug it in .

At 0F here and 72 inside and getting hotter, I'm letting the fire go out so I can take out the ashes.

Damn, that must feel like a heatwave after the last couple of days. Did you get your wood supply replenished yet? You could probably cut outside in shorts now. Won't split as good as when it was -40 but there are trade offs to everything :chop::).

Right now it's -790 outside but the windchill makes it feel like -900.....

Wait you want what it feels like or what it ACTUALLY is?

Was 11° F in Dover, DE last night with a wind chill. Got home from work (swing shift), it was a balmy 14° out here in the boondocks. That's unusually cold for this neck of the woods.

Just loaded in six totes of red oak with some red maple for good measure. Filled the wood storage hoop. The SheWolf is gonna need it, she keeps the home fires burning.

Latest posts

Back