Bc600xl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codog

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have 112 hours on this chipper. I've loved it until yesterday. I'm out in the middle of nowhere with 2 groundies feeding it. The infeed wheel shuts down to let the drum catch up, but yesterday it just kept feeding it. The chute jammed for the first time. Anyway, the rest of the day was very unproductive. I've been messing with it and the infeed wheel is just not shutting down; causing it to jam. I'm 4 hours from the nearest Vermeer dealer. Can anyone help?
I know it's probably just one of those things!!! This has been my first issue with this chipper.

im not a 100% certain as i sold my 600xl before it even hit 25 hours but im pretty sure youll find its a issue with the little box that controls the auto feed, a couple other guys i know have issues with it and its not a cheap repair

good advise

I had an electronics/electrician guru come over yesterday. He checked everything and said it's the module box up next to the battery. You were right.
And the tip on controlling the feed with the adjustment lever is great. I was thinking I couldn't use it until the module came in the mail. $430 plus tax and shipping.

Try pulling the fuse,yes it shuts down your hour meter but it disconnects the auto feed.Use the roller speed control to control in feed speeds and the feed roller direction bar to stop feed if it is slowing down.

Latest posts

Back