Been awhile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So about last June my ATV started acting up, since then it's been a uphill battle getting the thing fixed.. But as of yesterday I think it's finally finally back up and running.. I use it alot out back on the property hauling out wood so now I can finally start getting some fire wood!

Just so happens the the beavers moved in last spring and dropped a few trees for me. 99.5% are poplar but it still heats the shed and I burn it in the house in the spring-fall.

Now I need to fix my 066 so I can cut some real wood.

201304061733351.jpg

201304061731441.jpg

201304061920212.jpg

201304061844292.jpg

201304061730091.jpg

Nice of the beavers to drop those for you. If you could just train them to split and stack you'd be all set. Good looking helper you have there too.

Making me jealous down here. We don't really have that many big trees or snow.

Good looking helper. I don't like to cut wood without mine.

Those beaver are gonna be mad when they find oiut you dragged all that off. When they get mads, they whack their tail on the ground and hiss. Don't let one get ahold of your leg. lol

Nice pics, and I'm glad the beavers helped you out this time, but if I were you, I'd really think about getting rid of them. I wish we had killed the first one that ever stepped foot onto this place.

Thanks guys,, I managed to get out last night and grab a few more. These beavers recently moved in last spring from the the stream, I think my one of Neighbors is trapping the them so hopefully they won't be there when ice melts.. look like water level is down 1-2' right now so I'm not sure if they're gone or just can't get to the leaking area. I did find 1 or what was left of him. found the hole where most likely a Coyote dug him out and had a snack on it.

The bike is a 2001 AC 400.. old bike carb still need to be tweaked but it's finally moving again, Now to build a trailer..

Nice Pictures.. Looks like a nice area.. Glad you got the wheeler going. Looks like you and your helper have some real nice places to work in. Sad how those darn rats will take down a big tree and only use the tops and limbs but that's a way of life for them up there.

I have got some poplars that big before that the stupid beavers have cut down. No need for them to cut down a tree that big

Nice pics, and I'm glad the beavers helped you out this time, but if I were you, I'd really think about getting rid of them. I wish we had killed the first one that ever stepped foot onto this place.

It was wild the first time we found a beaver dam on the creek as beavers were brand new to my area. Then after they turn your 5' wide creek into a swampland and continue building dams further and further up the creek they become less of a novelty and more of a nuisance.

Beavers are incredible little creatures.. They can do some very impressive things but they can also be very destruct-full. These Beavers have been following this little stream for years and years I would imagine I've walked back 2-3-4 Km and found several different ponds some look to be quite old. Normally beavers kick their young out every couple years to find their own homes but these guys seemed to be building and staying until the resources are gone then moving down stream abit. I think this will be the last stop for these guys if they're not already gone.
I might take a walk outback tonigth see what the water leave looks like.. if it's low then I'll know they're gone. I might bring a shovel so I can help it along maybe:hell_boy::hell_boy:

I want my ATV trail back!!

I went out tonight.. not sure what to make of it. Looks to me like they are gone!.. water on the main pond is down a good 1-1.5"

201304111756471.jpg

the Hut is really exposed.. lots of open water around .

201304111756421.jpg

And the 2nd Damm closer to me is even lower down about 2'.. I took a picture from the base so you can see where this little tiny 2-3' stream has turned into these huge ponds.. picture doesn't do this justice.

201304111802091.jpg

Last of course is my 2 side kicks.. these guys would follow me anywhere!! This is use walking along the head pond.. water above and water below. I just wanted to check it out but they wouldn't stay behind..

201304111756331.jpg

Pick axes work wonder on clearing holes in the beaver damns, unless......You want to take it farther and burn the damns out! :rock: :msp_biggrin:

I went our to check out the pond level last night.. Brought some reinforcement.

201304141853371.jpg

201304141809051.jpg

201304141901071.jpg

201304141901021.jpg

So far so good.. Looks like they might be gone.

201304131543491.jpg

Latest posts

Back