Been gone a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scars2prove-it

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I've been busy and haven't been playing on the computer. In the meantime I've had my bucket truck burglarized. Thief took 3 440M's, 3 220T's, a brand new 5/8 inch Stable Braid rope, a Stihl backpack blower, and one Jameson 6 foot pole. They tried to take my Porta Wrap but dropped it along the way. Other than that it's been pretty uneventful. My new Pacific climbing helmet saved my noggin a few times. Speaking of new, I just received my fiddle block set and Big shot from Sherrill.

It's been raining here in Maryland and is expected to rain for the next few days due to the hurricanes coming up the coast. Anyway, I just thought I'd say hello even though I doubt anybody even remembers me. Climb safely!

Originally posted by Mike Maas
They were trying to steal your port-a-wrap? Must have been tree guys. Who else would know it was worth anything?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had to be tree guys, I don't think anyone who would just be stealing things would take a second look at a porta-a-wrap in the hopes of getting some cash for hot goods, only a tree guy would know how to use it and what it is worth. To most people it is just an odd looking piece of steel not worth anything.

Scars, sorry to hear about your loss, I've had stuff ripped off too. never know how much you miss something till it is gone and have too replace it.

Have you any clue who did this, like a guy you had to fire or someone who is :angry: at you.

Larry

It sucks big time when someone rips you off. Another tree company recently and knowingly has some of my equipment in their possession and offered to release it for a ransom fee. Too bad my company name is not engraved on them.

Hi silverblue, Company name might change, In oz we put our drivers licence no on everything It never changes.

Sorry for your loss "scars" thats a lot of gear to replace insured?
Nice to talk i have read lots of your past posts..
btw do you have the scars?? unfortunatlly I tend to win scar comps in my neck of the woods. Things dont allways go rite do they?? take care all Derek

I have an idea who it is. He is a notorious thief that does tree work. I can't prove it though. The tools were easy to replace but the damage to the tool boxes is not. The doors are all pried back and some won't stay shut on their own. The truck doesn't stay still long enough to get fixed. It will get fixed in January for sure. As for my scars, I've got one on my leg from where my saw was knocked into me by the limb I was cutting. My arms are full of scars from running a drum chipper years ago, pole saw cuts, rope burns and various other accidents. I'm sure you all have the same type of scars if you have been in the business for awhile. Currently I make all of my groundmen wear hardhats, ear plugs, safety glasses, and chaps. Hopefully they will benefit from my mistakes.

Originally posted by Scars2prove-it
I have an idea who it is. He is a notorious thief that does tree work. I can't prove it though. The tools were easy to replace but the damage to the tool boxes is not. The doors are all pried back and some won't stay shut on their own. The truck doesn't stay still long enough to get fixed. It will get fixed in January for sure. As for my scars, I've got one on my leg from where my saw was knocked into me by the limb I was cutting. My arms are full of scars from running a drum chipper years ago, pole saw cuts, rope burns and various other accidents. I'm sure you all have the same type of scars if you have been in the business for awhile. Currently I make all of my groundmen wear hardhats, ear plugs, safety glasses, and chaps. Hopefully they will benefit from my mistakes.

i crushed a finger,sprayned my anckle tons of times ,put my back out once or twice..pulled muscles etc ..but thank god no scars/cuts ..i cant stand the sight of my own blood

:D ...all in 15 years of tree bashing :D

Dude, dont feel bad, I had my port a wrap, a whoopie and loopie sling and a pro-spec rope ripped off out of the basket of the rented Genie lift last week while I was around the corner gassing up a saw. There were witnesses, and one guy said the guy that did it showes up every afternoon at a storage unit across the street from the job site with a pick up full of branches. I fixed this informants short wave radio antena with the lift and he found out which rented storage unit this thief uses. Imagine his supprise when he showed up at his storage unit and found the lock filled up with super glue.

I fricken hate a thief, especially one who steals tools and gear.

Kenn

hey scars hope your feeling better about the world today!
not everybodys a *****(self censored - please insert own adjective)... some of us are damm nice people:)

Hmmmm.. might be a good nite disscusing battel scars over a few buds..Certainly a long one... Derek...

Latest posts

Back